[net.wanted] SMTP protocol information wanted

mark@aoa.UUCP (Homulus the Mute) (12/17/85)

I am trying to design a simple SMTP server to connect my Masscomp(tm)
systems to a Sun(tm) workstation running sendmail.  I would like to
get a hold of copies of

	RFC 821	"Simple Mail Transfer Protocol"
	RFC 822 "Standard for the Format of Arpa Internet Text Messages"

Are there online copies of this that can be accessed via USENET ( we are
not an ARPA site ) ?  If someone has copies that could be mailed to me, I
would be greatly appreciative.  Alternately or additionally, if someone could
give me information on how to order documents from SRI-NIC, that would also
be of great value to me.  Finally, if there are any PD SMTP implementors out
there that would like to send me their code, that would be truly wonderful.
Thank you in advance.

Mark Reynolds @ ( Adaptive Optics Associates ).
{ ihnp4 | linus | decvax | ima } ! bbncca ! aoa ! mark

edg@micropro.UUCP (Ed Greenberg) (12/20/85)

In article <368@aoa.UUCP> ihnp4!bbncca!aoa!mark writes:
>                              ... I would like to
>get a hold of copies of
>
>	RFC 821	"Simple Mail Transfer Protocol"
>	RFC 822 "Standard for the Format of Arpa Internet Text Messages"
>
>Mark Reynolds @ ( Adaptive Optics Associates ).
>{ ihnp4 | linus | decvax | ima } ! bbncca ! aoa ! mark

I'd also like to get a copy of these documents.  Anybody with a response
for Mark, please (a) post the response or (b) mail me a copy.

Much appreciated.

				-e

--
Ed Greenberg; MicroPro International Corp. (disclaimer)
UUCP: {hplabs,ptsfa,glacier,lll-crg}!well!micropro!edg