[comp.sys.atari.st] LYNX Development System

portuesi@tweezers.esd.sgi.com (Michael Portuesi) (12/05/89)

j> Here's an interesting tidbit for you LYNX fans:

j> The development system for the Atari LYNX is an AMIGA computer!
j> I wonder what it must be like to go into Atari's offices and see
j> all sorts of Amigas lying about.

That's not surprising, given that the Lynx was developed at Epyx, not
Atari, and all the Lynx designers also designed the Amiga.

				--M
--
__
\/  Michael Portuesi	Silicon Graphics Computer Systems, Inc.

He says, "Take me to your leader" -- and I say, "Do you mean....George?"

2FHDBEAK@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (12/06/89)

Here's an interesting tidbit for you LYNX fans:

The development system for the Atari LYNX is an AMIGA computer!
I wonder what it must be like to go into Atari's offices and see
all sorts of Amigas lying about.

Perhaps they hide the LYNX people in some mop closet.

--Jim Sisul
The University of Kansas

hedger@inmet.inmet.com (12/08/89)

Where did you get this little tidbit ????

| Keith Hedger :  {...!}uunet!inmet!hedger   hedger@inmet.inmet.com |
|    'It is a sad, but beautiful world..........'                   |

2FHDBEAK@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (12/09/89)

In article <30200030@inmet>, hedger@inmet.inmet.com writes:
> Where did you get this little tidbit ????

> |                                                                   |
> | Keith Hedger :  {...!}uunet!inmet!hedger   hedger@inmet.inmet.com |
> |    'It is a sad, but beautiful world..........'                   |

Terribly sorry, Keith.  I thought I'd put that in the posting but I guess I
forgot.

A friend of mine is an Amiga developer, and he told me that Commodore/Amiga
people were telling their developers on the BIX developer's conference that
the Amiga is the LYNX development system.  This was only a few days ago.

What I know for sure is that some of the Epyx people working on the LYNX used
to work on the Amiga for Commodore, and when Atari saved the LYNX from going
under with Epyx'x demise, the project was set in stone.

I do not know if it was someone employed by Commodore who posted this
information, or just someone on the closed developer's conference on BIX.

I don't mean to make the Atari we all know and love to look bad, I just thought
it was kinda interesting.

--Jim

hedger@inmet.inmet.com (12/12/89)

Oh, I agree, it is very interesting......thanks for the info.
keith

| Keith Hedger :  {...!}uunet!inmet!hedger   hedger@inmet.inmet.com |
|   " Tragedy plus time = comedy "                                  |

icsu8053@ming (Pratt) (12/14/89)

In article <PORTUESI.89Dec5131041@tweezers.esd.sgi.com> portuesi@sgi.com (Michael Portuesi) writes:

>j> Here's an interesting tidbit for you LYNX fans:
>
>j> The development system for the Atari LYNX is an AMIGA computer!
>j> I wonder what it must be like to go into Atari's offices and see
>j> all sorts of Amigas lying about.
>

>That's not surprising, given that the Lynx was developed at Epyx, not
>Atari, and all the Lynx designers also designed the Amiga.
>
>				--M
>--
>__
>\/  Michael Portuesi	Silicon Graphics Computer Systems, Inc.
>    portuesi@SGI.COM	Entry Systems Division -- Engineering

More trivia:

I seem to recall that the development system for the Amiga was an Atari 800.
Talk about serious plot twists!  Will the Lynx also be turned into a PC ala
the Amiga?  Just curious...NO FLAMES, it's finals week and I couldn't deal
with it!

Craig Pratt
BitNet: Craig.Pratt@msu3.oscs.montana.edu
GEnie: C.Pratt4

"Life IS pain, princess.  Anyone who says differently is selling something..."
The Dread Pirate Roberts, _The Princess Bride_