[comp.sys.atari.st] tv show and the Mega ST

Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET (Z4648252) (12/07/89)

FLASH!

    I just saw on the television the sitcom, Growing Pains.
In plain view of everyone, was a Mega ST during an office scene.  Wow!
Gee.  Revolution???

Larry Rymal:  |East Texas Atari 68NNNers| <Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET>

matthews@umd5.umd.edu (Mike Matthews) (12/10/89)

In article <891206.19213238.024049@SFA.CP6> Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET (Z4648252) writes:
>FLASH!
>
>    I just saw on the television the sitcom, Growing Pains.
>In plain view of everyone, was a Mega ST during an office scene.  Wow!
>Gee.  Revolution???
>
>Larry Rymal:  |East Texas Atari 68NNNers| <Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET>

I KNEW I wasn't imagining things!!!!

Yeah, I saw it too.  My girlfriend just said I was "cute."

Mike

sale5312@fredonia.UUCP (Marty Saletta) (12/11/89)

In article <891206.19213238.024049@SFA.CP6> (Z4648252) writes:
>FLASH!
>    I just saw on the television the sitcom, Growing Pains.
>In plain view of everyone, was a Mega ST during an office scene.  Wow!

   I've seen a 1040ST used on the Canadian-produced show T & T on the
Global Television Network (stars Mr. T).  I believe that something like
"Computers supplied by Atari" is included in the credits too.

   Also, just this past week I saw a 1040 (or a 520STFM) used on the
show "War of the Worlds".  I was running through the channels and
saw a someone in a dark van typing on one.  Too bad the display was *not*
coming from the ST...

   Now, if we can only get them included on such shows as the Nightly
Business Report, M/L Newshour, or Wall Street Week...:^)

--
Marty Saletta                         The above has been in a mayonnaise jar on
Fredonia State University           Funk and Wagnalls porch since noon today...

joeg@polygen.uucp (Joe Gaudreau) (12/11/89)

In article <1694@fredonia.UUCP> sale5312@fredonia.UUCP (Marty Saletta) writes:
>In article <891206.19213238.024049@SFA.CP6> (Z4648252) writes:
>>FLASH!
>>    I just saw on the television the sitcom, Growing Pains.
>>In plain view of everyone, was a Mega ST during an office scene.  Wow!
>   Also, just this past week I saw a 1040 (or a 520STFM) used on the
>show "War of the Worlds".  I was running through the channels and
>saw a someone in a dark van typing on one.  Too bad the display was *not*
>coming from the ST...

and don't forget "Friday the 13th, the series".  This last episode where
'Curious Goods' was invaded by a demon or some-such...

---
Joe Gaudreau @ Polygen Corporation, Waltham, MA 02254  (617)890-2888
UUCP: {princeton,mit-eddie,bu.edu,sunne}!polygen!joeg

marc@cpsc.UCalgary.CA (Marc Schroeder) (12/14/89)

In article <891206.19213238.024049@SFA.CP6> (Z4648252) writes:
>FLASH!
>    I just saw on the television the sitcom, Growing Pains.
>In plain view of everyone, was a Mega ST during an office scene.  Wow!

Ok.. And we also have War of the Worlds, and Friday the 13th to add to
the list..

BUT..

Doesn't anyone remember that Blue Smarties contest a few years ago? The
prize was an Atari "Smartset" (looked like a 520 to me).. And they
ACTUALLY SHOWED it on the AIR :-) ..

(ok.. So it doesn't promote it as a buisness machine :-) )..

  /\ _  _      \        iNet/Envoy : m.schroeder (org. id = kort)
 (  / \/ \    / \       e-mail     : marc@cpsc.UCalgary.CA
   /  /  /   /   \      Fidonet    : Marc Schroeder @ 1:134/47
        \__/

 Marc A. Schroeder      * 1st year computer science
                          University of Calgary