[comp.sys.atari.st] Appraisal of FORM

bmaraldo@watserv1.waterloo.edu (Commander Brett Maraldo) (12/09/89)

	I have been learning FORM and I must say that it is absolutely
wonderful.  I can't believe it was released PD.  For a little over 100K,
FORM is *very& powerful.  I have been using it to manipulate some simple
gravitational field tensor equations.  One question concerning the
wildcard ?: if we have n defined as a symbol and v defined as a function,
does n? mean any symbol and v? mean any function?  If do, declaring
n and s to be symbols, does n? = s? ?

Brett L Maraldo

--
               --------     Unit 36 Research     ---------
	                "Alien Technology Today"

csko@cybaswan.UUCP (y w ko) (12/14/89)

In article <346@watserv1.waterloo.edu> bmaraldo@watserv1.waterloo.edu (Commander Brett Maraldo) writes:

>	I have been learning FORM and I must say that it is absolutely
>wonderful.  I can't believe it was released PD.  For a little over 100K,
>FORM is *very& powerful.  I have been using it to manipulate some simple

BTW, what language is FORM written in, and how is it (which compiler etc.)
compiled on the ST? I am a Computer Algebra user (as well as a 'C' programmer).
All similar packages that I've used are at least hundreds of K's, if not
Meg's, of bytes big.

>gravitational field tensor equations.  One question concerning the
>wildcard ?: if we have n defined as a symbol and v defined as a function,
>does n? mean any symbol and v? mean any function?  If do, declaring
>n and s to be symbols, does n? = s? ?

It'd be interesting to know what sort of problems others have used
FORM to solve. (e-mail please, I don't think this is the news-group
for such discussions).

>Brett L Maraldo
>

>--
>               --------     Unit 36 Research     ---------