[comp.sys.atari.st] Xenon2 and Blood Money vs. TOS 1.4

Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET (Z4648252) (11/26/89)

    Has anyone been able to get Xenon2 and Blood Money to work with
TOS 1.4, including the magazine version of Blood Money?
    I've had no luck here.  Other games, such as Dungeon Master and
Air Ball work just fine.  Spectre GCR works fine with this particular
ST and TOS 1.4.
    It's just that the two aforementioned games don't work at all for
me.  Surely European programmers follow Atari's undocumented rules
and holy TOS paramaters better than this!  Am I the only one or are these
two games incompatible with TOS 1.4?
    Please respond direct since INFO-ATARI16 is dead as a magazine.  I'll
be glad to summarize.

Larry Rymal:  |East Texas Atari 68NNNers| <Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET>

cstein@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Clifford M. Stein) (12/09/89)

In article <891125.23055881.010913@SFA.CP6> Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET (Z4648252) writes:

>    Has anyone been able to get Xenon2 and Blood Money to work with
>TOS 1.4, including the magazine version of Blood Money?
>    I've had no luck here.  Other games, such as Dungeon Master and
>Air Ball work just fine.  Spectre GCR works fine with this particular
>ST and TOS 1.4.
>    It's just that the two aforementioned games don't work at all for
>me.  Surely European programmers follow Atari's undocumented rules
>and holy TOS paramaters better than this!  Am I the only one or are these
>two games incompatible with TOS 1.4?
>
>Larry Rymal:  |East Texas Atari 68NNNers| <Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET>

I don't have TOS 1.4 yet.  The biggest problem I have with European
games is a lot of them only work in 50 Hz mode.  The older color monitors
can handle both 50 and 60 Hz signals, but my Atari color monitor, one
of the newer ones with the power button on the front, apparently
cannot handle.
Does anyone have a little patch program that runs in the background
and constantly puts the computer in 60Hz mode.  I've tried writing
one with no luck.  I guess, though, that if it did work, the game
would start running into timing problems.

WHY DID ATARI DO THIS WITH THE MONITORS?

			---Clifford Stein
--
cstein@jarthur.claremont.edu  |   "Cops and women don't mix.  It's like
cstein@jarthur.uucp	      |   eating a spoonful of Draino: sure it'll

mfolivo@sactoh0.UUCP (Mark F. Newton) (12/15/89)

In article <3483@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>, cstein@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Clifford M. Stein) writes:
> In article <891125.23055881.010913@SFA.CP6> Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET (Z4648252) writes:
WHY DID ATARI DO THIS?

The reason why there are 50Hz monitors, is because the European
power system is 50Hz, while North America uses 60Hz. Therefore...

--
Sakura-mento, CA

mmsac!sactoh0!mfolivo   mfolivo@sactoh0
pacbell!sactoh0!mfolivo   (they're worth a try...)