[comp.sys.atari.st] I Need HELP

cbz@cbnewsm.ATT.COM (craig.b.ziemer) (12/14/89)

I have two questions:

1)  I have a Mega 2 which will not do (ALT-HELP) screen dumps properly to
an Epson LQ510 24 pin printer.  It appears that all of the information is
printed, but it is compressed to about 1 inch vertically.  Horizontally
it's OK.  Apparently the printer is not scrolling the paper far enough on
each scan.  Printing out text files works just fine.  Any suggestions?

2)  I need a program which will allow me to maintain a listing of, and
then print out mailing labels.  Any suggestions for a good PD or shareware
program to do this?

Thanks folks!

*  Craig B. Ziemer                %%        DISCLAIMER: AT&T does not  *
*  AT&T Bell Laboratories       %%%%%%      officially support what I  *
*  Reading, PA                    %%        just said, in fact, they   *
*  UUCP ADDRESS: alux6!cbz        %%             rarely do :^)         *

decouty@irisa.fr (Bertrand Decouty) (12/15/89)

In article <7613@cbnewsm.ATT.COM> cbz@cbnewsm.ATT.COM (craig.b.ziemer) writes:
| I have two questions:
|
| 1)  I have a Mega 2 which will not do (ALT-HELP) screen dumps properly to
| an Epson LQ510 24 pin printer.  It appears that all of the information is
| printed, but it is compressed to about 1 inch vertically.  Horizontally
| it's OK.  Apparently the printer is not scrolling the paper far enough on
| each scan.  Printing out text files works just fine.  Any suggestions?

This is because Epson 24 pin printers are NOT FULLY compatible with 9 pin
printer. They are missing (at least) ONE escape command: esc 1 which set
line spacing to 7/72 inch and this command is used by the desktop. So you
can't print with alt-help on 24 pin printer except if you have a
print-screen driver replacement. I have not such auto prg.

[question #2 deleted]
| Thanks folks!
|
| *  Craig B. Ziemer                %%        DISCLAIMER: AT&T does not  *
| *  AT&T Bell Laboratories       %%%%%%      officially support what I  *
| *  Reading, PA                    %%        just said, in fact, they   *
| *  UUCP ADDRESS: alux6!cbz        %%             rarely do :^)         *

| Bertrand DECOUTY             | EMAIL : decouty@irisa.fr, decouty@irisa.uucp  |
| IRISA - INRIA                |         {uunet,mcvax,inria}!irisa!decouty     |
| Campus de Beaulieu           | PHONE : +33  99 36 20 00                      |
| F-35042 Rennes Cedex - FRANCE| FAX : +33  99 38 38 32 | TELEX: 950473 UNIRISA|

focke@gmdzi.UUCP (Stefan Focke) (12/15/89)

In article <7613@cbnewsm.ATT.COM>, cbz@cbnewsm.ATT.COM (craig.b.ziemer) writes:
> I have two questions:
>
> 1)  I have a Mega 2 which will not do (ALT-HELP) screen dumps properly to
> an Epson LQ510 24 pin printer.  It appears that all of the information is
> printed, but it is compressed to about 1 inch vertically.  Horizontally
> it's OK.  Apparently the printer is not scrolling the paper far enough on
> each scan.  Printing out text files works just fine.  Any suggestions?

ALT-HELP works fine with 9 pin EPSON printers.

> 2)  I need a program which will allow me to maintain a listing of, and
> then print out mailing labels.  Any suggestions for a good PD or shareware
> program to do this?

I have the source of a program that supports the NEC P5/6/7 (plus).
If you are interested, I will mail it.

Stefan Focke   focke@gmdzi.UUCP