[comp.sys.atari.st] Wanted: Source for Atari 13 pin monitor connector

umschel3@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Wayne Schellekens) (12/14/89)

I am looking for a source of the 13-pin Atari monitor connector.  I know
of one place in California which was selling them a couple of years ago,
but they were not easy to use (the pins did not have solder cups to stick
the wires into - just stubs which you could solder on the side of.)

I understand that this item is commonplace in Europe.  If I can't find a
good source of them in Canada or the U.S., I would even be willing to
purchase them from abroad.

Any information would be appreciated.

Wayne Schellekens, Computer Engineering, University of Manitoba
Snailmail: 385 Wales Ave         CDNnet: umschel3@ccu.UManitoba.CA
           Winnipeg, Manitoba
           Canada  R2M 2S8

2FHDBEAK@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (12/15/89)

In article <1989Dec13.171428.8268@ccu.umanitoba.ca>, umschel3@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Wayne Schellekens) writes:
> I am looking for a source of the 13-pin Atari monitor connector.  I know
> of one place in California which was selling them a couple of years ago,
> but they were not easy to use (the pins did not have solder cups to stick
> the wires into - just stubs which you could solder on the side of.)
>
> I understand that this item is commonplace in Europe.  If I can't find a
> good source of them in Canada or the U.S., I would even be willing to
> purchase them from abroad.
>
> Any information would be appreciated.
>
> Wayne Schellekens, Computer Engineering, University of Manitoba
> Snailmail: 385 Wales Ave         CDNnet: umschel3@ccu.UManitoba.CA
>            Winnipeg, Manitoba
>            Canada  R2M 2S8

Try Best Electronic in California.  408-243-6950.  I hope this isn't the place
that sold the unacceptable ones a few years ago.  I got one that worked just
fine.

--Jim Sisul
The University of Kansas

landry@enginr.dec.com (12/15/89)

In article <1989Dec13.171428.8268@ccu.umanitoba.ca>, umschel3@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Wayne Schellekens) writes...
"I am looking for a source of the 13-pin Atari monitor connector.

Although I've never dealt with them, I've heard this is available from

	At Your Service
	2856 Leechburg Road
        Lower Burrell, PA 15068
        (412) 335-4477

chris

werner@vax1.informatik.fh-regensburg.dbp.DE (Ralf Werner) (12/16/89)

You could also check out your local ham radio store (if there's any); the 13
pin "ATARI-style" jack can be found on e.g. the KENWOOD TS-440 shortwave trans-
ceiver (the chance to get this connector there is rather low: I've got my
connector for the TS-440 at the local computer store...).

What do we learn from this?

- don't connect your SM124 to a shortwave transceiver
- there has to be a weird standard somewhere
- ...and at least two manufacturers joined this standard.

                             Have fun,       Ralf

[ Ralf Werner - werner%vax1.informatik.fh-regensburg.dbp.de@relay.cs.net ]
[  (DF1RW)      werner%vax1.informatik.fh-regensburg.dbp.de@unido (UUCP) ]
[ (@DB0RGB)     "RISC - Really Incomparable to Standard Computers"       ]

towns@atari.UUCP (John Townsend) (12/19/89)

in article <79:werner@vax1.informatik.fh-regensburg.dbp.de>, werner@vax1.informatik.fh-regensburg.dbp.DE (Ralf Werner) says:

> You could also check out your local ham radio store (if there's any); the 13
> pin "ATARI-style" jack can be found on e.g. the KENWOOD TS-440 shortwave trans-
> ceiver (the chance to get this connector there is rather low: I've got my
> connector for the TS-440 at the local computer store...).

Try Best Electronics at (408) 243-6950. They stock this type of part pretty
regularly.

-- John Townsend				ames!atari!towns
   Atari Corp, Systems Test