[comp.sys.atari.st] Help, please, with sound on the ST...

AMEIJ@vax.oxford.ac.UK (Jan Ameij) (12/15/89)

Dear Everyone,

Very simple, I hope... Can some kind person out there send me a command string
for the xbios Dosound command which produces, say, middle C for 1 second.
A guide as to how to change a) pitch and b) duration would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jan Ameij

hcj@lzaz.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) (12/18/89)

In article <8912150807.AA16779@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, AMEIJ@vax.oxford.ac.UK (Jan Ameij) writes:
> Dear Everyone,
>
> Very simple, I hope... Can some kind person out there send me a command string
> for the xbios Dosound command which produces, say, middle C for 1 second.
> A guide as to how to change a) pitch and b) duration would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jan Ameij

Find someone with MWC.  Page 171-172 gives you a full working example.

Howard C. Johnson
ATT Bell Labs
att!lzaz!hcj
hcj@lzaz.att.com

pbh@pandora.cs.wayne.edu (Patrick B. Haggood) (12/19/89)

>In article <8912150807.AA16779@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, AMEIJ@vax.oxford.ac.UK (Jan Ameij) writes:
>>  Can some kind person out there send me a command string
>> for the xbios Dosound command which produces, say, middle C for 1 second.
>> A guide as to how to change a) pitch and b) duration would be much appreciated.
>

>Find someone with MWC.  Page 171-172 gives you a full working example.
>
>hcj@lzaz.att.com

Ah, no.  Perhaps the old MWC (pre version 3).  Current version mentions
dosound on pp301-303, but mentions nothing abuot producing a specific
sound, just a demo on making sounds and noises of any type.  You
(J. Ameij) may want to try the Abacus book, Sound and Graphics on the
St, it may mention how to create specific notes with Dosound (however,
the examples there may be in either BASIC or assembler)