[comp.sys.atari.st] Bounced Messages.

ravi@MCNC.ORG (Ravi Subrahmanyan) (06/15/88)

From: hpda!hp-sde!hpfcdc!hpfclr!cag@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (Craig Gleason)
Subject: Re: High end MIDI sequencers
Sender: info-atari16-request@score.stanford.edu
To: info-atari16@score.stanford.edu

>/ hpfclr:comp.sys.atari.st / Crawley@ALDERAAN.SCRC.SYMBOLICS.COM (Eric S. Crawley) / 12:37 pm  Jun  7, 1988 /
>I am looking for a real high quality MIDI sequencer for my ST.  I am
>torn between the new C-Lab Creator and Dr. T's KCS Level II.  Has anyone
>out there used either of these sequencers and would care to comment on
>them?  I have read all the reviews that I could find in Keyboard
>Magazine on them.  Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
>
>	Eric Crawley
>----------

Take a look at Steinberg's Pro-24 version 2.1 (or 3.0, if it's out).
I've had it for several months now and in general I've been really
happy with it.  Version 3, if it should choose to appear, will let
you record on four tracks at once.  The only complaints I have are
about the lousy manuals.
-------

From: ihnp4!ihlpe!kimes@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (Kit Kimes)
Subject: Re: Memory Upgrade For 520ST
Sender: info-atari16-request@score.stanford.edu
To: info-atari16@score.stanford.edu

In article <880609-030738-4121@Xerox>, "Richard_Landells.SBDERX"@XEROX.COM writes:
> I have been led to believe that the MMU of the ST can access up to 4Mb of
> memory, and would like to upgrade my 520STFM to this level, but every time I
> ask how, I am met with blank looks.  If anybody out there has actually done
> this, I would be very grateful if you could pass any advice on how to do it.

There are a couple of different companies that make a board that you can plug
into your motherboard that requires no drilling, cutting or hardwiring and
allow you to expand your computer up to 4Meg.  The bare board with connector
and sockets are about $130 US.  A fully populated 4Meg board is in the order
of $1300 US.  I don't know what they would cost in England.  Ads for these
boards are in all the ST magazines here in the US.  Pick up a copy of what
is available in England and look through the ads.

					Kit Kimes
					AT&T--Information Systems Labs
					...ihnp4!ihlpe!kimes
-------

From: netoprhm%ncsuvm.BITNET@jade.berkeley.edu.user@host.BITNET  (Hal Meeks)
Subject: Re: The scientific method (Amiga VS Atari)
Sender: info-atari16-request@score.stanford.edu
To: info-atari16@score.stanford.edu

Please stop, while I continue to think you are a sentient being,
and not a propaganda factory.

I read this group for interesting discussions, not ignorant babble.

--hal
-------

Cassius_Gaius_Longinus@cc.sfu.ca (12/15/89)

 Sorry to send this to the whole list, but I can't find the addres
of the Bitnet digest.
 Recently my site has been receiving bounced messages(whole digests)
from the 'uk.ac...' domain. Sometimes we only get one or two, but
sometimes we get _10_ of then.

~~~~
BITNET: usereaxe@sfu; INTERNET/ARPA: cassius_longinus@cc.sfu.ca
UUCP: ...!ubc-cs!cc.sfu.ca!cassius_longinus
If all else fails: CIS: 73040,2210; or a1254@mindlink.uucp
Disclaimer:I work for myself. I stand behind my words! SO THERE!
'Cute' remark:"Every law is an infraction of liberty." -- Jeremy Bentham
~~~~

Cassius_Gaius_Longinus@CC.SFU.CA (12/28/89)

I 'complained' about this before, but it seems thet it went unheard.
Not mening to sound too harsh, but this is wasting network resources.
Here comes the 'netinfo' from one of the messages that bouced back
to our site. So, please do something about this, as it not only screws
up my autologing/readmessages/empty-mailbox sequence, but it really
is a waste of resources.

 Network information: