[comp.sys.atari.st] internal FAX packages for ST?

taylor@limbo.Intuitive.Com (Dave Taylor) (12/27/89)

I have a friend who is interested in finding out information about
boards, software and/or other solutions that will allow FAXes to
be sent or received directly from an Atari ST.  The particular
computer she has is an Atari Mega ST 4 ...

Thanks for any information you can forward to me!

						-- Dave Taylor
Intuitive Systems
Mountain View, California

taylor@limbo.intuitive.com    or   {uunet!}{decwrl,apple}!limbo!taylor

rjd@cs.brown.edu (Rob Demillo) (12/27/89)

In article <260@limbo.Intuitive.Com> taylor@limbo.Intuitive.Com (Dave Taylor) writes:
>I have a friend who is interested in finding out information about
>boards, software and/or other solutions that will allow FAXes to
>be sent or received directly from an Atari ST.  The particular
>computer she has is an Atari Mega ST 4 ...

Contact "ST Plus" in California. They have a complete line of FAX products
for the ST line. (Sorry, I don;t have their number with me, but any
issue of STart should have it.)

Good luck.

 - Rob DeMillo			| Internet: rjd@brown.cs.edu
   Brown University 		| BITnet: DEMILLO%BRNPSG.SPAN@STAR.STANFORD.EDU
   Planetary Science Group	| Reality: 401-273-0804 (home)
"I say you *are* the Messiah, Lord! And I ought to know, I've followed a few!"

GASPARD@HROEUR51.BITNET (12/29/89)

>I have a friend who is interested in finding out information about
>boards, software and/or other solutions that will allow FAXes to
>be sent or received directly from an Atari ST.  The particular
>computer she has is an Atari Mega ST 4 ...

The Dutch company "DIVO Computer supplies" sels a complete FAX-pakkage for the A
tari ST. The full GEM-Based software will let you send ASCII and First-Word(+)
documents including all styles like bold, italic, underlined.
You can load several fonts, so every-one should be able to make is own font if
nececary.
You can load all kind of pictures like Degas, Doodle and IMG's.
As a special feature, you can send Pages made by the DTP-Program Calamus.

Of cource you can use the Fax as a scanner and printer.

The address of DIVO is:
DIVO
M. Gijzenburg 14

2907 HG  Capelle a/d IJssel
The Netherlands
+31 10
Tel: +31 10 4587640
Fax: +31 10 4420037

- Bert Rozenberg, Sysop STer BBS, +31 1880 40035                       -