[comp.sys.atari.st] monogram

BALTUCH@BRANDEIS.BITNET (Jacob Baltuch) (12/28/89)

I'm posting this question for somebody who doesn't have access to the net.

Has anybody heard about MONOGRAM. They had a program called "Dollars&Cents"
or something like that. My friend is happy with the program but doesn't seem
to be able to get his printer to work with it. When he tries to use the
printer the ST hangs or something. Anybody out there has ever used this
program and might be able to help? I'd appreciate.

Also I posted a question on scanners a few weeks ago (for that same person).
Didn't have TOO many answers.

Come on guys, are you gonna help a poor lonely ST user out there in New Mexico
who doesn't even have access to the net.

My. How lucky we are here in Massachusetts... Especially this time of year :-)
(What's worse, not having access to the net and be the only ST user within
100 miles or have your hot water pipes freeze and burst?...)

Happy New Year all.

Jacob

baltuch@brandeis.bitnet

hcj@lzaz.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) (12/29/89)

In article <8912280806.AA17281@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, BALTUCH@BRANDEIS.BITNET (Jacob Baltuch) writes:
> I'm posting this question for somebody who doesn't have access to the net.
>
> Has anybody heard about MONOGRAM. They had a program called "Dollars&Cents"
> or something like that. My friend is happy with the program but doesn't seem
> to be able to get his printer to work with it. When he tries to use the
> printer the ST hangs or something. Anybody out there has ever used this

I use D&S. it comes with GDOS 1.0, but is not compatible with it.
Printing suddenly came to life when I get GDOS 1.1 with another program.

So, either find GDOS 1.1, or try G+ (whatever), the gdos replacement.

Howard C. Johnson
ATT Bell Labs
att!lzaz!hcj
hcj@lzaz.att.com

lawrence@techpub1.iscs.com (Lawrence Kelley 99) (01/02/90)

In article <8912280806.AA17281@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> BALTUCH@BRANDEIS.BITNET (Jacob Baltuch) writes:
>I'm posting this question for somebody who doesn't have access to the net.
>
>Has anybody heard about MONOGRAM. They had a program called "Dollars&Cents"
>or something like that. My friend is happy with the program but doesn't seem
>to be able to get his printer to work with it. When he tries to use the
>printer the ST hangs or something. Anybody out there has ever used this
>program and might be able to help? I'd appreciate.

Stay far, far away from D&S.  It's a sloppily done port from MS-DOS to Mac to
Atari ST.  I lost three months worth of data and the program then trashed
my back-up.  Star Monogram refuses to support ST users.  Their attitude is
that there is not a large enough customer base to care about.  I have
been told by Monogram that there will be no update to the bug-ridden program
that's out there.

I spent $80 on the package when it was new.  Printing is only part of the
problem.

If you want a dependable home accounting program for reasonable bucks, buy
PHASAR from Antic.  Or, if you have Spectre and can run Mac stuff, I would
recomend Quicken.

Dollars and Sense for the ST is junk!