[comp.sys.atari.st] STAR NX10 AND TIMEWORKS DTP

01659@AECLCR.BITNET (Greg Csullog) (01/07/90)

A local user has just purchased Timeworks DTP and has a STAR NX10. Obviously,
the default Epson 9-pin driver is not compatible with the NX10 since a form
feed at the end of a DTP page throws the page alignment out for subsequent
pages. Does anyone on the net have an NX10 driver for Timeworks DTP? What
about Publish IT for the PC (this is DTP ported to PCs under GEM).

The user wants to crank out a newsletter ASAP so a quick reply to this
request would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Greg

cr1@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Christopher Roth) (01/08/90)

In article <9001070800.AA18215@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> 01659@AECLCR.BITNET (Greg Csullog) writes:
>A local user has just purchased Timeworks DTP and has a STAR NX10. Obviously,
>the default Epson 9-pin driver is not compatible with the NX10 since a form
>feed at the end of a DTP page throws the page alignment out for subsequent
>pages. Does anyone on the net have an NX10 driver for Timeworks DTP? What
>about Publish IT for the PC (this is DTP ported to PCs under GEM).
>
>The user wants to crank out a newsletter ASAP so a quick reply to this
>request would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance, Greg

Hi there, Greg.  I saw the words Timeworks DTP, and I just had to talk
about my own experiences with it.  I purchased Timeworks DTP a while
ago for about 100 dollars.  I'm a journalism major, so such a thing
is useful to me.  Well, I opened the package and the disks did not
work.  Something may have been wrong with file pointers or something,
but all the disks except the sample art disk were corrupt.  Not much
use, huh?  Since I purchased the program, I figured I could get
Timeworks to send me disks taht worked.  I talked to a rep, and they
said they'd send me the disks I needed.  I got one that I needed. I
called again, and they said they'd send me something, but gave me a
real hassle about it and they never did send anything.  I returned my
100 dollar paperweight to the store I got it from, luckily they were
nice enough to take it back.  Is the product support at timeworks
ussually like this, or did I just get a bad experience?

Chris
*     Christoper Roth                         *  "Machines have no
*     InterNet  :  cr1@beach.cis.ufl.edu      *   Conscience..."