[comp.sys.atari.st] cambridge lisp

ski2@blake.acs.washington.edu (Chris Kacoroski) (01/01/90)

I am interested in a lisp (or scheme) interpreter for the Atari ST.  I
have seens ads for Cambridge Lisp in magazines and wonder if anyone could
tell me about it.  I have Xlisp, but am not too happy with it.  Really
appreciate any replies.  Thank you

Chris Kacoroski
ski2@blake.acs.washington.edu

silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill Silvert) (01/02/90)

In article <5188@blake.acs.washington.edu> ski2@blake.acs.washington.edu (Chris Kacoroski) writes:
>I am interested in a lisp (or scheme) interpreter for the Atari ST.  I
>have seens ads for Cambridge Lisp in magazines and wonder if anyone could
>tell me about it.  I have Xlisp, but am not too happy with it.  Really
>appreciate any replies.  Thank you

I picked up a copy cheap from my dealer under the impression that
MetaComCo had dropped it.  Since I got it to learn LISP and haven't
gotten around to it yet, I can't comment on it, but it looks like a
reasonably well put together package.  But does anyone know if it is
still in production?  As I recall, I sent in the registration card but
it bounced back to me!

--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division.
Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Dartmouth, NS, Canada B2Y 4A2

gjh@otter.hpl.hp.com (Graham Higgins) (01/08/90)

> I picked up a copy cheap from my dealer under the impression that
> MetaComCo had dropped it.  Since I got it to learn LISP and haven't
> gotten around to it yet, I can't comment on it, but it looks like a
> reasonably well put together package.  But does anyone know if it is
> still in production?  As I recall, I sent in the registration card but
> it bounced back to me!

Umm, drawing upon (notoriously unreliable) memory, I have the impression that
Metacomco aren't doing Cambridge Lisp any more. They used to supply an ST
version of a C compiler which has been picked up since by Hisoft in the UK. I
will ask them if they picked up the Cambridge Lisp distribution as well. Hisoft
are a good quality outfit, they are (sole?) distributors (importers?) of the
Spectre GCR in the UK. I'll pass on the details when/if I get them. Anyone else
who is interested in the current state of Cambridge Lisp, keep an eye on

Graham
======

Graham Higgins             	|  Phone: (0272) 799910 x 24060
Hewlett-Packard Labs    	|  gray@hpl.hp.co.uk
Bristol                       	|  gray%hplb.uucp@ukc.ac.uk
U.K.                          	|  gray@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Disclaimer: My opinions above are exactly that, mine and opinions.