[comp.sys.atari.st] Printer Problems

michaela@iscuva.UUCP (Michael Albo) (01/20/87)

I own a Panasonic 1091 printer and have been trying to print some
pictures using both DEGAS and DEGAS ELITE. If I attempt a normal
screen dump (ALT-Help) I have no problem and get a normal vertical
picture. However, if I try to print the picture from the program, I
get approximately 1/5 of a screen and the printer locks up and a message
appears on the screen telling me that the printer is not responding.
I have no problem printing text but cannot get passed this situation when
dumping a horizontal print of a picture. I have 520ST w/1 meg upgrade
and have had absolutely no problems until now. My system was purchased
in Oct. 1985. Does anyone out there have a clue as what the problem
could be. Any response would be appreciated.

thanks in advance - Michael Albo
		    ISC Systems Corp.
		    Spokane, Washington
				  99206

FRAJKOR@CARLETON.CA (01/10/90)

  Ok, if someone can think of an answer to this one I will
be forever grateful, if not generous.
    One day, my 1040ST started printing nothing but garbage
when hooked up to EITHER of my two printers, Canon PW1156
and HP DEskjet.  Through EITHER of two buffers.
    Both printers, through either buffer, work with a
Commodore 128 and an IBM-type portable.  So no problems with
printers, cables, buffers. Must be in tthe computer.
    I took it to the dealers.  It printed fine.  Must be the
software.  I brought down my software.  It printed fine. I brought
down EVERYTHING.  It printed fine.  I brought home everything. It
prints garbage.  I am at my wits end and do not feel like lugging
my system to the dealers everytime I want to write to my mummy.
   Is it possible that the level of AC current in my home is
at fault, and one bit in one chip somewhere is so weak it does not
flip?   Is it possible that electrical interference somewhere in
my home can do this?  I can't figure out why it began to do this
all of a sudden when I have changed nothing.
   There is nothing in my manuals about how to deal with demonic
possession.

depeche@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Sam Alan EZUST) (01/11/90)

In article <900109.20154976.014763@CU.CP6> "FRAJKOR/ATARISTUFF"%CARLETON.CA@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU writes:

[weird printer problems]

my mail to you bounced so here it is in public...
Connected to musocs:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 <%CARLETON.CA@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>... User unknown
554 %CARLETON.CA@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU... Remote protocol error