[comp.sys.atari.st] PC Ditto II availability

01659@AECLCR.BITNET (Greg Csullog) (08/03/89)

Avant Garde has stopped taking calls (only an answering machine comes on the
line and it asks users to hang in there). I use the ST to teach novices how
to use PCs, STs and MACs and I was counting on Ditto II to speed up
demos (it was painful to use Ditto last time) and I was REALLY counting
on GCR to wow the gang with MAC compatibility (GCR is late too). My info is
both products will not be out until LATE August or September. NUTS!!!!!!

silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill Silvert) (08/04/89)

In article <8908021825.AA05215@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> 01659@AECLCR.BITNET (Greg Csullog) writes:
>Avant Garde has stopped taking calls (only an answering machine comes on the
>line and it asks users to hang in there). I use the ST to teach novices how
>to use PCs, STs and MACs and I was counting on Ditto II to speed up
>demos (it was painful to use Ditto last time) and I was REALLY counting
>on GCR to wow the gang with MAC compatibility (GCR is late too). My info is
>both products will not be out until LATE August or September. NUTS!!!!!!

I have the original PC Ditto and have also been waiting.  But when I saw
an ad in Computer Shopper for NEC Multispeeds for $650 U.S. I decided
that here was a slightly more expensive way to get full MS-DOS
compatibility with two disk drives and perfect multitasking (I can run
both DOS and TOS applications at the same time with no degradation!).
--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division.
Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Dartmouth, NS, Canada B2Y 4A2

carlo@electro.UUCP (Carlo Sgro) (01/12/90)

Back in November I asked this and got minimal response.  So I ask again ...

	Has *anyone* received PC-Ditto II yet?  If so, how long ago?

Please E-mail and I'll summarize if there is interest.
--

Carlo Sgro                         Vote for your favorite .signature!
watmath!watcgl!electro!carlo       Call 1-900-GOODONE ($2 on your phone bill).

clf3678@ultb.isc.rit.edu (C.L. Freemesser) (01/15/90)

In article <1254@electro.UUCP> carlo@electro.UUCP (Carlo Sgro) writes:

>Back in November I asked this and got minimal response.  So I ask again ...
>
>	Has *anyone* received PC-Ditto II yet?  If so, how long ago?
>
>Please E-mail and I'll summarize if there is interest.
>--
>
>Carlo Sgro                         Vote for your favorite .signature!
>watmath!watcgl!electro!carlo       Call 1-900-GOODONE ($2 on your phone bill).

Somebody on the BBS I run posted a message saying that it has shipped,
and he has his.  The first (few) batches will go to those who have
already sent in their coupons to get PCD II for $150.  Then I guess it
will be available to everybody else.

Chris Freemesser, Rochester Institute of Technology :BITNET:%clf3678@RITVAX
    |||        ____________                         :GEnie: C.FREEMESSER
    |||       /___    /          (and 8-bit too!)   :USENET: clf3678@rit.isc
Call the A.C.O.R.N BBS (716)436-3078, 300/1200 baud :<-or my BBS