[comp.sys.atari.st] MC68881 trap handler wanted

VBRANDT@DBNUAMA1.BITNET (01/15/90)

Hello all,

In Info-Atari16 digest #31,  dsl.pitt.edu!pitt!cuphub!kar7481@pt.cs.cmu.edu
(Dan Karbowsky;AtariEliteOfPghPa bbs412-384-5609) writes:

>I DID call Motorola in Illinois and explain my problem to them.
>       They were VERY responsive; The "Applications note" is a 41-page
>    document CLEARLY WORDED and INCLUDES SAMPLE 68000-ASSEMBLY SOURCE
>     CODE DRIVERS!!!: EVERYTHING SOMEONE WITH A DECENT ELECTRONICS BACKGROUND
>       COULD EVER WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE CHIP-- Charts, diagrams, pinouts,
>        etc... are given.  My biggest problem is that I wish I had enough
>      time to get used to 68000 machine code {this VAX drives me nuts}.
>          The source code has about 15 pages!!!

Does this include a trap handler for the 68881 that catches those '020/'030
floating-point ops and executes them on an 68000??  If so, could you explain
a little more?  Or is there anyone out there who has this (or any other such)
software on-line or in electronically readable format and could email me a
copy ???  Thanks VERY much!!

Bitnet:  VBRANDT@DBNUAMA1 (will go away some day ...)  Volker A. Brandt
          UNM409@DBNRHRZ1 (alternative)                Angewandte Mathematik
UUCP:    ...!unido!DBNUAMA1.bitnet!vbrandt             (Bonn, West Germany)
ARPAnet: VBRANDT%DBNUAMA1.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU