[comp.sys.atari.st] Who

ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) (01/17/90)

Some days ago someone mentioned a company called ST Plus, who
might supply FAX products for the ST.  Do you know the address,
phone, or FAX number for this company?

Thanks in advance.     aTdHvAaNnKcSe.

--
    L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
	ljdickey@water.UWaterloo.ca	ljdickey@water.BITNET

rjd@cs.brown.edu (Rob Demillo) (01/17/90)

In article <2905@water.waterloo.edu> ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) writes:
>Some days ago someone mentioned a company called ST Plus, who
>might supply FAX products for the ST.  Do you know the address,
>phone, or FAX number for this company?

That was me. Cleverly, I did not give you their phone number, nor
do I have it now. (Sorry about that.) Any issue of STart will have
the number. In addition (more incomplete information) there was
another company being advertised in the latest STart that also
sells FAX stuff for the ST.

I'll send you the name tonight...honest...I promise!!! :-0

BTW: has anyone besides me that STart is starting to carry
borderline useful information again?

 - Rob DeMillo			| Internet: rjd@brown.cs.edu
   Brown University 		| BITnet: DEMILLO%BRNPSG.SPAN@STAR.STANFORD.EDU
   Planetary Science Group	| Reality: 401-273-0804 (home)
"I say you *are* the Messiah, Lord! And I ought to know, I've followed a few!"

In article <25668@brunix.UUCP> rjd@cs.brown.edu (Rob Demillo) writes:
>In article <2905@water.waterloo.edu> ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) writes:
>>Some days ago someone mentioned a company called ST Plus, who
>>might supply FAX products for the ST.  Do you know the address,
>>phone, or FAX number for this company?
>>

>That was me. Cleverly, I did not give you their phone number, nor
>do I have it now. (Sorry about that.)
>
>I'll send you the name tonight...honest...I promise!!! :-0
>
> - Rob DeMillo			| Internet: rjd@brown.cs.edu

Jeez. I've never responded to my own posting before...

OK, true to my word, here we go:

	ST Plus
	P.O. 1197
	Berkeley, CA  94701
	1-800-759-1110

The product you are interested in is called The S-Tefax.

(BTW: It looks like ST Plus merged with a company called Zephyr.)

Anyhow, ST Plus seems to be a pretty good outfit. They sell *all*
ST products (hardware and software, and I *do* mean *all* products.)
They also take American Express, which scores big points in my book,
and they are prompt, and have decent return policies.

So, there you go...

 - Rob DeMillo			| Internet: rjd@brown.cs.edu
   Brown University 		| BITnet: DEMILLO%BRNPSG.SPAN@STAR.STANFORD.EDU
   Planetary Science Group	| Reality: 401-273-0804 (home)
"I say you *are* the Messiah, Lord! And I ought to know, I've followed a few!"

squibby@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Clark L. Breyman) (01/18/90)

One warning on said Berkley dealer: It was discussed a while ago on the net
basic bad vibes from Microworld in Berkley  which _I believe_ is associated
with Zephyr which was just mentioned as the vendor for ST Plus. One cute
aspect of their sales policy at Microworld: 2 day warranty on hardware,
25% restocking charge on returned merchandise.

	Sinc,
	Clark

mikew@wheeler.wrcr.unr.edu (Mike Whitbeck) (01/18/90)

In article <18563@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU| squibby@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Clark L. Breyman) writes:
|One warning on said Berkley dealer: It was discussed a while ago on the net
|basic bad vibes from Microworld in Berkley  which _I believe_ is associated
|with Zephyr which was just mentioned as the vendor for ST Plus. One cute
|aspect of their sales policy at Microworld: 2 day warranty on hardware,
|25% restocking charge on returned merchandise.
|
|	Sinc,
|	Clark

I am a VERY disastisfied customer of ST-Plus---- my policy now
is to steer clear of firms that operate under 2-3 names!!!