[comp.sys.atari.st] GNU C vs. G++

schiers@imdm.uke.uni-hamburg.dbp.DE (Carsten Schiers) (01/18/90)

in article <25724@brunix.UUCP> Rob Demillo writes:

> gcc - this is GNU's public domain C++ compiler.

As far as I know, and I have a running version of it, GCC is a
(maybe only nearly) ANSI compatible C compiler. The C++ compiler
you mentioned, and which I have also running is called G++ and
a little bit buggy. Both compiler are planed to be merged, but
I haven't heared that this already happened.

> The extensions are
> in the areas of Object Oriented Programming (OOPS)
> Systems. (MODULA is such a language.)

I think you mean SIMULA, since MODULA(-2) is not a object oriented language,
but SIMULA is, or Smalltalk-80.

Carsten.

Carsten Schiers
DFNet:    schiers@imdm.uke.uni-hamburg.dbp.de
Usenet:   unido!imdm.uke.uni-hamburg.dbp.de!schiers
Bitnet:   schiers%imdm.uke.uni-hamburg.dbp.de@dfngate
Internet: schiers%imdm.uke.uni-hamburg.dbp.de@relay.cs.net