[comp.sys.atari.st] Wordperfect for the ST

depeche@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Sam Alan EZUST) (01/16/90)

Oh, decisions decisions... I just found a place near where I live
which sells Wordperfect/ST for $99.... And now that I know there is
a new version which has all the bugs fixed and works faster, I am so
tempted to buy it.

One question though - does anyone know if the Atari Development
section of Word Perfect plans to release a version which is comparable
to the just-released WORD PERFECT 5.1 on the Ms-Dos computers?
I am very close to getting PC-Speed or a PC clone and am wondering
if I should get the WP4.1/ST version WP5.1/PC.

If I knew that such a version was at least IN THE WORKS at Atari
Development I would gobble up this ST version instantly, especially
since I am such an ST patriot.. Does anyone have any news from the
company?

--
S. Alan Ezust                                   depeche@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca
McGill University School of Computer Science -  Montreal, Quebec, Canada

35002_3025@uwovax.uwo.ca (01/19/90)

In article <1969@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca>, depeche@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Sam Alan EZUST) writes:
> If I knew that such a version was at least IN THE WORKS at Atari
> Development I would gobble up this ST version instantly, especially
> since I am such an ST patriot.. Does anyone have any news from the
> company?
>
> --
> S. Alan Ezust                                   depeche@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca
> McGill University School of Computer Science -  Montreal, Quebec, Canada
>     If pro is the opposite of con, what's the opposite of progress?

Indications that I have been given from a friend whose relative works for
Word Perfect are that we will not see a version of 5.0 for the ST.  I would
not hold my breath in view of the long time it took to first get a reasonable
version of WP, and then to get a 'bug-free' version.

--
Kevin-john Conway
...a librarian from hell...

University of Western Ontario
London Canada
"...deviants from the norm..."

"My ideas may be silly, but I'm not.  I'm positively skewed!"

35002_3025@uwovax.uwo.ca
conway@uwovax.bitnet
kjc@uwovax.bitnet