[comp.sys.atari.st] Shareware MICRO RTX

david@bdt.UUCP (David Beckemeyer) (02/01/90)

In article <869@dalarna.tubopal.UUCP> ripley@tubopal.UUCP (Hans-Ch. Eckert) writes:
>As I own MT C-Shell and found no differences between the recently
>posted RTX and the one I already had, I wonder why you write
>"This shareware version"...

The shareware version is the exact same binary.  The difference is that
registered owners of the MICRO RTX developers kit receive technical
support, while those with the shareware version (i.e. they're not
registered) are on their own.

>Anyway, what I want to know is how the shareware regristration
>affects users of the MT C-Shell (or vice versa). That is (e.g.)
>Do I have to register if I already owned it before (though I didn't
>register my copy of MT C-Shell) ?

The shareware version of MICRO RTX has absolutely nothing to do
with MT C-Shell and has no effect whatsoever on it.  MT C-Shell
and MICRO RTX are entirely different things.   The MT C-Shell
system uses the MICRO RTX kernel, but the two products are
completely different.   MICRO RTX is the libraries and docs
for programmers that want to try and write something like
MT C-Shell or whatever application they want to write.  MT
C-Shell is an end-user application that presents a Unix-like
environment.

--
David Beckemeyer (david@bdt.UUCP)	| "I'll forgive you Dad...  If you have
Beckemeyer Development Tools		| a breath mint."