[comp.sys.atari.st] SPECTRE GCR PROBLEM

boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (02/01/90)

In article <25C771C5.3162@paris.ics.uci.edu>, wngai@ics.uci.edu (Wayne Ngai) writes:

>	I just bought Spectre GCR not too long ago and I have a color monitor.
>When I run mac software on it, the color is really bad.  Can anyone out there
>tell me how I can improve the problem?  I try following the suggestion on the
>manual and it doesn't seem to have any effect on the mac mode.  I've
>tried changing the colors on the atari control panel and  no effect.
>If you have any sugguestions or help, I would deeply appreciate it if
>you would send them through email to me.  Thank you so much!!!
>

>Wayne Ngai
>
>Wngai @Paris.ics.uci.edu

Well, mac emulation on the atari color monitor is not very satisfying.  You
may be able to make it a little better by setting the colors to emulate a
grey scale, but it is still pretty rough.  On the other hand, such emulation
with a mono monitor ($150 new, about $80 used) is superior to real mac monos.

         Mickey Boyd                 |    "Nobody can be exactly like me.
                                     |      Even I have trouble doing it."
             FSU Comp Sci            |              - Tallulah Bankhead