[comp.sys.atari.st] SAMPLERS

bartho@obs.unige.ch (PAUL BARTHOLDI) (02/01/90)

In article <90012920243630@masnet.uucp>, barry.manning@canremote.uucp (BARRY MANNING) writes:
> Anyone out there know of any samplers coming out for the ST that cost a
> fortune NOT 8BIT - but 16bit ie like Replay but 16 bit with midi
> ie you run your sequencer on the st with the sampler in say the
> cartridge port and enter via a cheap cheesy keyboard . I dont wanna buy
> the far east variety at 3g's +++ they are too expensive. Come on you
> smart engineers - if its around 400 bucks - should sell like hot
> cakes. Regards Barry
> ---

In ST Computer (germany) september 1989, p171, is an advirtisement for
a 16 bit AS Soundsampler Maxi Plus for 588. DM (about 350$), by
KaroSoft, Juergen Vieth, Biesenstrasse 75, D-4010 Hilden, West Germany.
tel (US?) 21 03 4 20 22.

This seems to be what you want, and also what I want!  At least it is in
my wish list since about a year (I saw the ad earlier).

Now a question again to the net: has any one used such a nice beast and
could report on it.  (i am nostly interested in the hardware, not so much
with the soft to use it.)  Forth for that is GREAT !

                                 Paul Bartholdi,  Geneva Observatory
                                        bartho@cgeuge54.bitnet