[comp.sys.atari.st] Multi-tasking on the ST

In article <897@watserv1.waterloo.edu> bmaraldo@watserv1.waterloo.edu (Commander Brett Maraldo) writes:
>	Is there a multi-tasking OS available for the ST?  I'd like to
>be formatting a TeX document while I preview another, and other related
>multi-tasking sorts of things.  What is available?
Two major setups to try out. Dave Beckmeyer's just released his Micro-RTX
kernel as shareware. Of course, to take advantage of it, you need some software
that'll do the right system calls. You can buy his MT C-shell, which would probably be a good idea anyway, if you like a Unix-style environment. Or you can
hack up your own shell to use his code...

>	What can you tell me about 16Mhz 68k retrofits for the ST?
>What is the best board in your opinion and what will it cost?  What
>are the pros and cons of buying and installing a 16Mhz board?
Jim Allen's Turbo-16 board (Fast Technologies) is probably the only one
worth looking at. $300, but 100% speed increase.

Btw, I'm not affiliated with either of these guys.
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan