[comp.sys.atari.st] Getting rid of blinking cursor?

jpexg@wheaties.ai.mit.edu (John Purbrick) (02/01/90)

I've written a program in Laser C which invokes an editor via Pexec() and
after the user exits does some other stuff before ending. The blinking
block cursor stays on throughout the program's run and then follows all
the way onto the desktop. It sits there flashing on a window or the background
until the next program is run. It's apparently harmless, but annoying.

Is there a command that gets rid of this troublesome object?

						John Purbrick
						jpexg@ai.mit.edu

In article <6231@rice-chex.ai.mit.edu> jpexg@wheaties.ai.mit.edu () writes:
>I've written a program in Laser C which invokes an editor via Pexec() and
>after the user exits does some other stuff before ending. The blinking
>block cursor stays on throughout the program's run and then follows all
>the way onto the desktop. It sits there flashing on a window or the background
>until the next program is run. It's apparently harmless, but annoying.
>
>Is there a command that gets rid of this troublesome object?

Yep, Cursconf, for cursor configuration. Lets you set it to steady or
blinking, set the blink rate, or disable it completely. (cursconf(0)).

I guess I'm glad I started out with MWC 3 years ago, and picked all these
little things up from their (excellent!) documentation...  }-)
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan