[comp.sys.atari.st] SPICE

FTDDR@ALASKA.BITNET (Don Rice) (02/26/89)

I seem to recall seeing (a) mention of a ST version of SPICE, from Europe
I think, and (b) an FTP address for the basic (Fortran, actually) PD version
of SPICE.  But searching the backissues of info-whatever I have on hand,
I can't find information on either topic.
If anyone has information or ideas on getting SPICE onto the ST, please
drop me a line.  My Fortran compiler is quite willing to eat large
source files...
Thanks,
Don Rice
FTDDR@ALASKA.bitnet

V067MAJP@UBVMSC.CC.BUFFALO.EDU (Arion) (02/02/90)

Does anyone know if SPICE (I guess it would actually be PSPICE) is there
somewhere for the ST?
If not, is it public domain?
If so, does anyone know where I can get the source? (I guess this question
doesn't, but as long as I've asked it...)

						John
					v067majp@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu

In article <E58565397B9F604933@UBVMS.BITNET> V067MAJP@UBVMSC.CC.BUFFALO.EDU (Arion) writes:
>Does anyone know if SPICE (I guess it would actually be PSPICE) is there
>somewhere for the ST?
>If not, is it public domain?

SPICE is supposed to be in the public domain, but I've never seen source
code for it, only PD versions of Mac & PC PSPICE. Good luck finding it,
maybe you can convince someone to port it when you get hold of the source.
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan

mitchell@janus.Berkeley.EDU (Evan Mitchell) (02/03/90)

In article <10740@stag.math.lsa.umich.edu> hyc@math.lsa.umich.edu (Howard Chu) writes:
>In article <E58565397B9F604933@UBVMS.BITNET> V067MAJP@UBVMSC.CC.BUFFALO.EDU (Arion) writes:
>>Does anyone know if SPICE (I guess it would actually be PSPICE) is there
>>somewhere for the ST?
>>If not, is it public domain?
>
>SPICE is supposed to be in the public domain, but I've never seen source
>code for it, only PD versions of Mac & PC PSPICE. Good luck finding it,
>maybe you can convince someone to port it when you get hold of the source.
>--
>  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan

The source code for Spice (including a 720K MS-DOS version) can be
obtained from:

EECS/ERL Industrial Liaison Program
479 Cory Hall, UC Berkeley
Berkley, CA  94720
(415) 643-6687

Note:  Spice is NOT a public domain program.  If you have any questions,
please call the office, do NOT respond to this account.
-Evan Jay Mitchell
 mitchell@janus.berkeley.edu