[comp.sys.atari.st] TURBO-C Question!

roland@cochise.pcs.com (Roland Rambau) (02/02/90)

joep@tnosoes.UUCP (Joep Mathijssen) writes:

->I'm trying to compile 'BISON' on my ST using the TURBO-C compi
ler. After
->a few changes the compilation was successful, but the linker still gives
->some weird errors.

->     "16 bit PC relative overflow"

->How can I solve this problem without changing compiler? Is there
->an option that I don't know.

There is a suitable option, but don't expect me to remember its name.

->Or SHOULD I use another compiler? The only one I'm prepared to use
->is the GCC-compiler. But will this compiler work correct on an 1MB atari.

No, TC is (very) okay.

--
             I know that You believe You understand what You think I said, but
             I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant.

Roland Rambau

  rra@cochise.pcs.com,   {unido|pyramid}!pcsbst!rra,   2:507/414.2.fidonet

mboen@nixpbe.UUCP (Martin Boening) (02/04/90)

>I'm trying to compile 'BISON' on my ST using the TURBO-C compiler. After
>a few changes the compilation was successful, but the linker still gives
>some weird errors.

>     "16 bit PC relative overflow"

Try setting the option for absolute calls. The problem you're encountering
stems from the compiler setting everything for PC-relative calls and Gnu
BISON is simply too big an object for this to work even though the separate
functions may compile just fine. Don't nail me on it but I think that's the
-P option.

Best of luck.

M. Boening
--
Email: in the   USA ->  ...!uunet!philabs!linus!nixbur!mboening.pad
       outside  USA ->  {...!mcvax}!unido!nixpbe!mboening.pad