[comp.sys.atari.st] STE? Where? Here!

wally@dragos.uucp (Wallace Harshaw) (02/02/90)

In article <1098@dutrun.UUCP> etelree@dutrun.UUCP (C.van Reeuwijk) writes:
>In article <483f7298.14a1f@force.UUCP> covertr@force.UUCP (Richard E. Covert) writes:
>>What new systems?? The Mythical 1040STe?
>Believe it or not, but this message was typed using a 1040STe!! At least
>in Holland, they are not at all mythical, but widely available for
>a price only f 300.= (about $150.=) above the normal 1040STf price.
>
>Kees van Reeuwijk

They certainly aren`t mythical here in the Great White North.  My favorite Ataridealer has had 1040 STE`s in stock for over a month now.

 At least, I`ve never seen an ST with stero outputs, extra DB9 ports everywhere,and SIMMs on the motherboard... :)

 To be fair, the first ones they received came with the regular 1040STf manual,
and the control.acc did not access the extra colours available.  Just a short
addendum sheet telling us that more info would be forthcoming, and what
  "All them thar extry holes iz far"...

  So I suppose the moral of the story is:  Thumb your nose at the FCC, and take
a drive accross the border to Friendly Free Trade Canada, and buy `em now.
  <How far North?  Uhm, Edmonton, Alberta... >

--
  O o          Wallace Harshaw
 (   )         somewhere around here...

johns@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Conan the Barbarian) (02/05/90)

In article <1990Feb2.141325.17162@dragos.uucp> wally@dragos.uucp (Wallace Harshaw) writes:
>  So I suppose the moral of the story is:  Thumb your nose at the FCC, and take
>a drive accross the border to Friendly Free Trade Canada, and buy `em now.
>  <How far North?  Uhm, Edmonton, Alberta... >

	Or you can try Hamilton, Ontario.  Great place to shop for Atari
	computers.

--
"After all is said and done,                       John Schmitt
 a lot more is said than done."                    johns@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca