[comp.sys.atari.st] Problem with asm in MEGAMAX-C

dag@per2.UUCP (Daniel A. Glasser) (02/08/90)

> In article <9001300801.AA16463@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> K298027@CZHRZU1A.BITNET (Michael Mueller) writes:
> >        move.l #init,A0         ; this is not accepted !!!!!
> >
> >Why is the second mnemonic not accepted ? Has anybody an idea how to use
> >labelled adresses ?

I don't have the MegaMax-C compiler, so I can't test this out, but the
68000 has two distinct sets of instructions for dealing with address and
data registers.  The move.l instruction is for data registers.  You might
want to try the movea.l instruction instead.  If neither of these work for
you in the MegaMax assembly escapes, try using lea init, a0 (load effective
address to A0) instead.  This has the same effect.
    Daniel A. Glasser                 "Their brains were small and they died."
    uwvax.cs.wisc.edu!per2.uucp!dag
 ---Persoft, Inc.---------465 Science Drive-------Madison, WI 53711-----------