[comp.sys.atari.st] Using Atari mono-monitor as a composite monitor

etruscan@cory.Berkeley.EDU (D.J. Schmidt-Bandoni) (02/08/90)

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Atari monochrome monitor can be used as a
composite monitor?  I know this would require making a special cable,
but that's no problem as long as I know which pins are what.  Which
brings me to my next question; where can I obtain a pin layout for
my monitor?

I plan on using my Atari 800 again and need a composite monitor (old
one is broken).

If anyone knows where I can get a *cheap* used *color* composite
monitor (computer flea market?), please tell me.

--
Domenico Schmidt-Bandoni
etruscan@cory.berkeley.edu

hcj@lzsc.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) (02/08/90)

In article <21880@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU>, etruscan@cory.Berkeley.EDU (D.J. Schmidt-Bandoni) writes:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if the Atari monochrome monitor can be used as a
> composite monitor?  I know this would require making a special cable,

NO it cannot be used this way.  The screen runs at 70 frames/sec on an
Atari Mono monitor.  Composite (TV Compatible) is 60 frames/sec.

Howard C. Johnson
ATT Bell Labs
=====NEW address====
att!lzsc!hcj
hcj@lzsc.att.com

dnewton@carroll1.cc.edu (Dave Newton the Late) (02/10/90)

In article <1276@lzsc.ATT.COM> hcj@lzsc.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) writes:
>NO it cannot be used this way.  The screen runs at 70 frames/sec on an
>Atari Mono monitor.  Composite (TV Compatible) is 60 frames/sec.

   I thought it ran at 30Hz, but has interlacing...

>ATT Bell Labs
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^  Is this still a cool place to work?  I've heard bad things
lately.

--
David L. Newton                 |           uunet!marque!carroll1!dnewton
(414) 524-7343 (work)           |              dnewton@carroll1.cc.edu