[comp.sys.atari.st] Need addresses for ZRAM and ramchips

v067majp@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu (02/07/90)

Does anyone know the address of the company that makes ZRAM. I'd like to write
to them for more info about it.

Also, does anyone know of a good place to get 1Mbit Ram chips (also what
"speed" I should get).

						John
					v067majp@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu

kclenden@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Kevin Clendenien) (02/07/90)

In article <702.25cf31a9@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu> v067majp@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>Does anyone know the address of the company that makes ZRAM. I'd like to write
>to them for more info about it.

Z-RAM 3-D/4 MEG is produced by:

Zubair Interfaces, Inc
5243B Paramount Blvd.
Lakewood, CA 90712
(213) 408-6715

kclenden@silver.bacs.indiana.edu                          Kevin Clendenien
BLoomington Atari ST users group                          BLAST, President
BLAST BBS - (812) 332-0573                                FNET node #141

apolivka@x102a.harris-atd.com (polivka al 60047) (02/07/90)

Since I happen to have a Z-RAM 2.5 Meg kit sitting here in front of
me, soon to be installed, I can easily give you the address:

   Zubair Interfaces, Inc.
   5243 B Paramount Blvd.
   Lakewood, CA 90712
   Tel: (213) 408-6715      Fax: (213) 408-6748

The kit is solderless, uses sixteen 1 Mbit RAM chips, and fits
entirely in the video-shifter box of your ST.

It consists of a "Main Board" and a "Pingrid" board.  The former fits
into the Videoshifter chip socket (and the video-shifter chip fits on
top of it).  The Pingrid board fits into the MMU socket and the MMU
plugs into it.

Al Polivka                            arpa: apolivka@x102a.harris-atd.com
Mail Stop 102-4858                  usenet: uunet!x102a!apolivka
Harris Corporation                   phone: 407-729-2983
Government Aerospace Systems Div.     Bldg: 102 Room: 3433
P.O. Box 94000
Melbourne, FL 32902

obryan@gumby.cc.wmich.edu (Mark O'Bryan) (02/12/90)

In article <702.25cf31a9@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu> v067majp@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu writes:

> Also, does anyone know of a good place to get 1Mbit Ram chips (also what
> "speed" I should get).

I.C. Express has 1-meg chips (100 nS) for $8.15.  They're in California, at
(800) 877-8189.  I've dealt with them in the past and gotten prompt service.
They do add 3% for credit card purchases.

120 nS chips (probably even 150 nS) are plenty fast enough for the ST.  It's
just getting harder to find anything slower than 100 nS these days (in 1-meg
packages).

--
Mark T. O'Bryan                 Internet:  obryan@gumby.cc.wmich.edu
Western Michigan University