[comp.sys.atari.st] Wordperfect problems

depeche@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Sam Alan EZUST) (02/10/90)

I have a rather odd problem with this new version of WP I just got
through the mail yesterday.

If I run it directly from floppy, it works fine, but if I boot from
hard disk and run it, the F5-List files  doesn't work very well. It
displays ONLY folders, but no files, so I can't see what is on my disk.

And I tried disabling all mem-res programs, and I also tried running
the floppy version instead of the one installed on my HD, [after
booting the HD] to see if I what I installed on the HD is bad or if
it is universal, and I get the same problem.

Anyone else experience this? Is there a fix for it?

--
S. Alan Ezust                                |  depeche@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca
McGill University School of Computer Science |  Montreal, Quebec, Canada

rich@lakesys.lakesys.com (Richard Dankert) (02/11/90)

In article <2170@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca> depeche@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca (Sam Alan EZUST) writes:

>If I run it directly from floppy, it works fine, but if I boot from
>hard disk and run it, the F5-List files  doesn't work very well. It
>displays ONLY folders, but no files, so I can't see what is on my disk.
>
>And I tried disabling all mem-res programs, and I also tried running
>the floppy version instead of the one installed on my HD, [after
>booting the HD] to see if I what I installed on the HD is bad or if
>it is universal, and I get the same problem.
>
>Anyone else experience this? Is there a fix for it?

	I have run into this problem, and found that WP is not the cause,
but rather a program called DC SHOWIT, from Double Click software. Seems
that the two interfear with each other.

All I did was de-install it on boot_up, ala ST_Select, and all runs
fine.

>S. Alan Ezust                                |  depeche@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca
___

rich.....
UUCP: rich@lakesys.lakesys.COM     {always .... }

silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill Silvert) (02/12/90)

In article <2170@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca> depeche@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca (Sam Alan EZUST) writes:
>I have a rather odd problem with this new version of WP I just got
>through the mail yesterday.

Hey, don't publish a teaser like this!  Did you just get the August '89
release, or is this newer than that?

--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division.
Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Dartmouth, NS, Canada B2Y 4A2

bright@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Bob Bright) (02/14/90)

In article <1653@lakesys.lakesys.com> rich@lakesys.UUCP (Richard Dankert) writes:
>In article <2170@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca> depeche@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca (Sam Alan EZUST) writes:
>>
>>If I run it directly from floppy, it works fine, but if I boot from
>>hard disk and run it, the F5-List files  doesn't work very well. It
>>displays ONLY folders, but no files, so I can't see what is on my disk.
>
>	I have run into this problem, and found that WP is not the cause,
>but rather a program called DC SHOWIT, from Double Click software. Seems
>that the two interfear with each other.

     I also noticed this problem as soon as I installed DC SHOWIT.  I
sent a note to Double Click regarding the problem, and Mike Vederman
replied that he was aware of the problem, and had fixed it in a more
recent version of DC SHOWIT.  In the meantime I've been using the
original version without problems (except of course that the WP file
selector only list directories; I've been using the GEM file selector
option in WP).
     Mike, could you please post the fixed version?  I really like DC
SHOWIT (great piece of work!!), but I want my WP file selector back!
(While you're at it, maybe you could patch SHOWIT so that it properly
displays text files with newline separators, rather than just CR/LF
pairs?)  BBB

--
Bob Bright <bright@ccu.umanitoba.ca>
Dept. of Philosophy