[comp.sys.atari.st] Waterproofing HP DeskJet output.

logajan@ns.network.com (John Logajan) (02/13/90)

I have taken to waterproofing my HP DeskJet output (like the addresses
on envelopes) by spraying it with Krylon Matte Finish.  I picked up a
can at a local stationary store for four or five bucks.  Thus stuff
dries in a couple of minutes.

Actually, it is more like water-resistant than water-proof.

--
- John Logajan @ Network Systems; 7600 Boone Ave; Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
- logajan@ns.network.com, john@logajan.mn.org, 612-424-4888, Fax 424-2853

mfolivo@sactoh0.UUCP (Mark F. Newton) (02/15/90)

In article <1990Feb12.232545.19373@ns.network.com>, logajan@ns.network.com (John Logajan) writes:
> I have taken to waterproofing my HP DeskJet output (like the addresses
> on envelopes) by spraying it with Krylon Matte Finish.  I picked up a
> can at a local stationary store for four or five bucks.  Thus stuff
> dries in a couple of minutes.
>
> Actually, it is more like water-resistant than water-proof.

Heh, I had to read that twice. Worrying that your paper can't stand
any water threw me... Paper, by it's nature, does not hold up to a
shower very well. But I understand the problems with the water
based ink in HP DJs.

I supose if you really want a "hard" copy, run it on a copier. No
wait, that's too simple, and lo-tech.... heh heh

Ja ne da-tcha,
Mark Newton-John

   (ames att sun)!pacbell! \      Sakura-mendo, CA
           ucdavis!csusac! - sactoh0!mfolivo
              uunet!mmsac! /      the good guys!