[comp.sys.atari.st] Documentation Only

bluneski@pogo.WV.TEK.COM (Bob Luneski) (02/13/90)

>"The only documentation from my dept. is sold as part of the developer's
>kit.  Mr. Badertscher was in error - unless this was an old message"

The "documentation only" only version IS the developers kit without MWC,
extended support, and TOS 1.4 Roms. It is available at a reduced price.

*  Bob Luneski                                                             *
*  Diamond Back Support Hotline:  bluneski@pogo.WV.TEK.COM                 *
*                                 Genie: B.LUNESKI1                        *
*                                                                          *
*  The opinions expressed herein are my own and in no way reflect the      *
*  opinions of Tektronix, Inc.                                             *

covertr@force.UUCP (Richard E. Covert) (02/15/90)

In article <8532@pogo.WV.TEK.COM>, bluneski@pogo.WV.TEK.COM (Bob Luneski) writes:
> >"The only documentation from my dept. is sold as part of the developer's
> >kit.  Mr. Badertscher was in error - unless this was an old message"
>
> The "documentation only" only version IS the developers kit without MWC,
> extended support, and TOS 1.4 Roms. It is available at a reduced price.

I just spoke to Charles Cherry about becoming a Developer and was told
that Atari is changing the Developer program. Currently, there is only one
level, that of Commerical Developer, which costs $250. This is down from
$300 in 1989. this includes the Atari Docs and the Alycon C compiler. The
old package, which cost $50 more , included the Mark Williams Corp C compiler.
The MWC compiler was dropped since most developers already owned a compiler,
and didn't need it. Charles told me that the MWC compiler can still be purchased
thru Atari (as a developer) for $100. sounds fair to me.

Charles did say that Atari is trying to make a Non_Commerical Developer class,
but that it is not announced yet.

So, there is NO "documentation only" developer package, but the Full Commerical
Dev Package has benn dropped to $250.00.

As always contact Gail Johnson at Atari Corp for more info.

--
 Richard E. Covert, Lead Engineer of Software Tools Group
 AG Communications Systems, Phoenix AZ   (602) - 581-4652