[comp.sys.atari.st] Autostart program for TOS16

D.Wade@sysd.salford.ac.UK (02/15/90)

 Can any one tell me where I can find an AUTOSTART program that works with
 the TOS16 in my 520STE. Neither of the ones I have will work. Thanks

 Sorry no signature file but replies outside the UK may be sent to:-
 D.WADE@D.SALF.AC.UK - Most Places, MS2@UKACRL - Bitnet.

In article <15.Feb.90.11:14:32.A10004@UK.AC.SALF.D> D.Wade@sysd.salford.ac.UK writes:
> Can any one tell me where I can find an AUTOSTART program that works with
> the TOS16 in my 520STE. Neither of the ones I have will work. Thanks

If you mean, a program that lets you start GEM programs at boot-time, why
can't you just use the AUTO-boot feature in TOS 1.6? (In the Install-Application
menu. Select "AUTO" for Boot Status.) I know that the HEADSTART docs mention
some incompatibilities that might make you want to use HEADSTRT over the
TOS 14/16 auto-booter, but I've never encountered any problems myself.

--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan