[comp.sys.atari.st] Need a Math Program

JOHNMAR@IITVAX.BITNET (02/17/90)

I am looking for a math program such as 'tk solver' or 'mathcad' for the
ST.  I haven't had any luck at my local dealer and have heard of no such
program written for the ST.  If there is such a program for the ST please
tell me where i may get it.  I would like it to solve systems of complex
equations.

thanx

Mark Johnson
johnmar@iitvax

boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (02/20/90)

In article <9002170803.AA28633@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, JOHNMAR@IITVAX.BITNET writes:
>I am looking for a math program such as 'tk solver' or 'mathcad' for the
>ST.  I haven't had any luck at my local dealer and have heard of no such
>program written for the ST.  If there is such a program for the ST please
>tell me where i may get it.  I would like it to solve systems of complex
>equations.
>
>thanx
>
>Mark Johnson
>johnmar@iitvax

I have a small collection of math programs for the ST that I have used
extensively.

      Ultragraph:  from ST-Log, november something I think.  Can plot/graph
                   algebra/trig functions in a bunch of different ways, in
                   two and three dimentions.  Very nice graphics, not much
                   use in calculations, but very good for visuallizing stuff.

      Matricks:  Available from terminator, really comprehensive matric algebra
                 package.

      Sub_Cal:  PD form of El_Cal, written by J.A. Wrotniak (sp?), who writes
                for Current Notes.  Really nice program, I think it has the
                capability you are looking for, and it only costs $4 from
                the CN PD library.

All of these are some form of free, I encourage you to get them all.  I could
probably come up with the exact issue of ST-Log for Ultragraph, if you like.

              Mickey Boyd            |    "Nobody can be exactly like me.
         FSU Computer Science        |      Even I have trouble doing it."
      mail:  boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu   |              - Tallulah Bankhead