[comp.sys.atari.st] Matthew Lodge's message

aimd@castle.ed.ac.uk (M Davidson) (02/19/90)

In article <9002170524.AA19485@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> SOCS18@vaxb.york.ac.UK (Vision Newspapers) writes:
>I have good Atari technical documentation for the STE. I cannot see any reason
>for not posting it to this group, if anyone is interested.

Please do. If you have good documentation, I guess that means that
software houses do too, and so can't complain that they didn't know
their programs wouldn't run???

>As of 3/2/90, Gollner Publishing (which produces ST World) has been merged
>with the Database group of magazines, forming a new company, Interactive
>Publishing. This now means that Interactive Publishing owns ST World, ST Action,
>Atari ST User, Amiga Action and Amiga Computing. I do not think the new company
>will continue to run five magazines when it can get away with two.
>
>Therefore, I do not think that ST World will survive for long (the owners of
>the Database group, Europress, own Interactive Publishing).

Bl**dy hell! That's sounds just like what happened when two publishers
exchanged computer mags - one publisher consolidated his coverage of
Amstrad computers by gaining another Amstrad magazine and the other eliminated
a competing ST mag - ST Update which, admittedly wasn't brilliant but it
wasn't full of games and covered programming topics. I could do without
ST Action which is just full of games reviews anyway and I can do
without ST User since it no longer contains much of any interest but ST
World is in a class of it's own as far a British Computer magazines go.
I hope it doesn't turn into some ST User/ST World hybrid, I'd probably
ask for my subscription money back if it did....

>* Mathew Lodge, University Of York, UK {A black hole in the universe of *
>*                                 *     electronic mail}                *

Mark Davidson. {Just gimme what I want for my ST and I'll be happy}

D.Tilley@MVS.ULCC.AC.UK ("David Tilley, Network Development Group, x428, r125") (02/20/90)

M.Davidson deplores the possible demise of 'ST World'.  I agree.  'ST World' is
the best microcomputer magazine - for whatever machine.  Its demise would be a
disaster.

Long live 'ST World'!