[comp.sys.atari.st] Starstrk.acc

qralph@dna.lth.se (Ralph Haglund) (02/15/90)

Hi,
Sitting, banging along all night. Compiling on Turbo C, for some reason I
got Disk or directory full whenever my linker wanted to finish up sumthin.
As I have just cleaned up my 85Mb disk I didn't believe this story, so
started messing around with acc's and AUTO.prg's.
I recently picked starstrk.acc from the net. Looks marvellous, but once I
took it off the list I could use my TurboC again. What a pity.

|-------------------------------------------------------------|
|  Want to talk to me? Try:                                   |
|  QRALPH@SELDC51  ||  QRALPH@SELDC52  ||  qralph@dna.lth.se  |
|  My name? In official Sweden it is: 4.901.185.654 (secret)  |
|  Anywhere else: Ralph Haglund                               |
|  Disclaimer: If it works, it's out of date.                 |

roeder@sbsvax.cs.uni-sb.de (Edgar Roeder) (02/16/90)

In article <1990Feb15.002854.21047@lth.se>, qralph@dna.lth.se (Ralph Haglund) writes:
> Hi,
> I recently picked starstrk.acc from the net. Looks marvellous, but once I
> took it off the list I could use my TurboC again. What a pity.

I had similar problems with any program compiled with pascal (like ff.ttp).
They all got an address error when starstrk.acc was running. All this was
observed while working in a non-GEM shell.
This program looked so nice! :-( :-(

	- Edgar
--

Mail:  Edgar R\"oder			E-Mail: roeder@cs.uni-sb.de
       Liesbet-Dill-Stra\ss e 3

grahamt@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Graham Thomas) (02/17/90)

From article <1990Feb15.002854.21047@lth.se>, by qralph@dna.lth.se (Ralph Haglund):
> I recently picked starstrk.acc from the net. Looks marvellous, but once I
> took it off the list I could use my TurboC again. What a pity.

I quite like starstrk, and I don't think it's interfering with anything
I use (I haven't tried it with a GDOS boot disk yet), but I find it
variable.  Sometimes it starts up automatically after about 3 minutes of
idle time, as it's supposed to.  Other times it doesn't start up
automatically at all.  It looks like it works OK for the first period of
idle time after a startup/reboot, but not for subsequent times -
however, I've not made systematic notes of this, so I could be wrong.
Anyone else found this?  Does PYRO work any better?

Graham
--
Graham Thomas, SPRU, Mantell Building, U of Sussex, Brighton, BN1 9RF, UK
 JANET: grahamt@uk.ac.sussex.syma  EARN/BITNET: grahamt@syma.sussex.ac.uk

qralph@dna.lth.se (Ralph Haglund) (02/20/90)

After complaining (loudly) about starstrk.acc and my dear TurboC I put
in PYRO instead, and have experienced no problems.
Can't wait to get TurboC 2.0 hopefully at CeBIT in Hannover end of March.
Hope all of us are going there - could have a party...