[comp.sys.atari.st] Calamus PD Fonts

arneso@IFI.UIO.NO (Arne Olav Sommer) (02/15/90)

I  have just got hold of the following 24 CALAMUS PD Fonts

 Apple, Artdecoy, Bullet15, Bullet25, Bully, Bullyc, Camelot, Celtic,
 Classy, Cupertin, Dali, Hebrew, Manville, Math, Monroe, Oblique, Oldeng,
 Oldirish, Pioneer, Pittsbrg, Silic, Steela_z, Stilleto and Wolftrap.

They are all rather dissapointing, though, with lots of missing letters,
digits and symbols.  The intersting ones (in my humble opinion) are
Bullet15 & -25 with bullets, stars and the other famous symbols from
Timeworks DTP.  The Math font contains a number of mathematical symbols.

I will send them in zoo-ed and uucoded form to anyone interested.
Just send me a note.

A little warning, though.  The filesize is 166 kb (split in 3 parts to
avoid mail-server choking).

BTW  If anyone has other PD Calamus Fonts - please send them to me :-)

arneso@ifi.uio.no -  Arne Sommer                    "Powder to the People"

stowe@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (stowe) (02/18/90)

In article <9002151504.AAhelblinde01048@helblinde.uio.no> arneso@IFI.UIO.NO (Arne Olav Sommer) writes:

>I  have just got hold of the following 24 CALAMUS PD Fonts
>
> Apple, Artdecoy, Bullet15, Bullet25, Bully, Bullyc, Camelot, Celtic,
> Classy, Cupertin, Dali, Hebrew, Manville, Math, Monroe, Oblique, Oldeng,
> Oldirish, Pioneer, Pittsbrg, Silic, Steela_z, Stilleto and Wolftrap.
>
>They are all rather dissapointing, though, with lots of missing letters,
>digits and symbols.

>BTW  If anyone has other PD Calamus Fonts - please send them to me :-)

The reason they're missing letters and things is because they are *not*
PD fonts... they are demo versions of Shareware fonts from Sol Guber
(S.GUBER on GEnie).  You should also have received the ReadMe files that
indicate how you can get full alphabets.  I believe his price is quite
reasonable, and is based on the number of fonts you get... if I remember,
it was about $12 US a set.

Look for the MS fontsets that will be distributed shortly as well... they
are quite well done and very interesting.

-=-=-                              -=-=-                                 -=-=-
stowe@silver.ucs.indiana.edu                        You're not strange.  I am.
-=-=-                              -=-=-                                 -=-=-

arneso@IFI.UIO.NO (Arne Olav Sommer) (02/20/90)

(Stuff deleted)

> The reason they're missing letters and things is because they are *not*
> PD fonts... they are demo versions of Shareware fonts from Sol Guber
> (S.GUBER on GEnie).  You should also have received the ReadMe files that
> indicate how you can get full alphabets.  I believe his price is quite
> reasonable, and is based on the number of fonts you get... if I remember,
> it was about $12 US a set.

I did not receive a Readme file, just the fonts.  Could you please post
it to the net.

> Look for the MS fontsets that will be distributed shortly as well... they
> are quite well done and very interesting.

Sounds interesting! Could you tell a little more?