[comp.sys.atari.st] PYRO Screen saver.....

cosc10hv@jane.uh.edu (Paul Sears) (02/21/90)

In article <9002170705.AA25353@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, SOCS18@vaxb.york.ac.UK (Vision Newspapers) writes:

>.....stuff deleted about a neat screen saver he wrote
>
>It's an accessory written in assembler, but I could attempt to post a uuencoded
>version of the ARChive, if anybody is interested. (I can't access the .binaries
>group...)
>
>Mat
>* c/o Dept. Computer Science	* "Baldrick, fetch me a turkey _so    *
>* University of York		* big_, you'd have thought its mother *
>* Heslington			* had been rodgered by an Omnibus"    *
>* York				*				      *
>* YO1 5DD			* JANET : SOCS18@uk.ac.york.vaxa      *

I am very interested.  Please send me a copy, I can attempt to post it to
the binaries group for you (if I can?!?).

    ---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
              Mickey Boyd            |    "Nobody can be exactly like me.
         FSU Computer Science        |      Even I have trouble doing it."
      mail:  boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu   |              - Tallulah Bankhead
    ---------------------------------+-------------------------------------

I myself use a PD program called PRYO which is modeled after the screen saver
for the Macintosh under the same name but is not PD.  Anyway, this screen saver
displays alittle firework show.  It could be the same as the "stars" that
everyone keeps mentioning.  Anyway, if you are using a color monitor, then it
diplays fireworks of random colors at a random intervals on the screen.  No
matter what rez you are in it will use 16 colors.  In mono, it only uses white.
I like pyro because it reminds me if I forgot and left my computer on.  I
haven't had any problems with it interferring with any other programs but my
software base is limited.....

Paul Sears
University of Houston
COSC10HV@Elroy.Uh.Edu