[comp.sys.atari.st] overscan resistent editor

Ritzert@DMZRZU71.BITNET (02/23/90)

Bernd Esser writes:

>A few days ago, i installed Overscan in my Mega. Unfortunately i had to
>recognize that none of my editors can work with the higher resolution.
>My question is: Is there somebody who kwows an editor that will work in
>overscan mode( i am using a b/w monitor)?

I am using GNOME, a MicroEmacs Clone by Moshe Braner (well, in fact an
extended version of the program). It is small (some 50 k), fast, has
builtin help
but lacks substitute and query replace (can be worked around by a
macro). I find working with it more convenient than with MicroEmacs 3.9.
Invoke the program as
          gnome -c 30 -r 86 file.ext
to use the extended screen of 688x480 pixels. The original program is on
various file servers. I got my copy from listserv@canada01, which
recently has moved to a different location.

Michael Ritzert
mjr@dmzrzu71.bitnet

PS: my extensions include german help and error messages, second macro
    buffer (nesting of one macro into the other possible), storing of
    keyboard macros on disk, improved bufferd disk-io, subsitute and
    query-replace commands. Improved buffer printing is being worked on.