[comp.sys.atari.st] Editor Wanted!!!

ESSER@DBNPIB5.BITNET ("Bernd_Esser") (02/23/90)

A few days ago, i installed Overscan in my Mega. Unfortunately i had to
recognize that none of my editors can work with the higher resolution.
My question is: Is there somebody who kwows an editor that will work in
overscan mode( i am using a b/w monitor)?

Thanxs

B.Esser Phys. Inst. d. Uni Bonn Germany

In article <9002230802.AA04386@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> ESSER@DBNPIB5.BITNET ("Bernd_Esser") writes:
>A few days ago, i installed Overscan in my Mega. Unfortunately i had to
>recognize that none of my editors can work with the higher resolution.
>My question is: Is there somebody who kwows an editor that will work in
>overscan mode( i am using a b/w monitor)?

The only editor I use is the micro-emacs implemented in Gulam. It works
fine in overscan mode. Note, if you "set nrows 50" in monochrome, Gulam
will be confused at first. Exit it and restart it, and it'll get the screen
dimensions from LineA and all will be well. (86 columns by 60 rows.)
(I avoid this hassle by having a small AUTO program that sets the 8-line
font at boot-up. Then I don't need the Gulam "set nrows" command, and
TOS uses the 8-line font without hassles...)

--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan

lawdm@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Dan Lawrence) (02/24/90)

In article <9002230802.AA04386@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> ESSER@DBNPIB5.BITNET ("Bernd_Esser") writes:
>A few days ago, i installed Overscan in my Mega. Unfortunately i had to
>recognize that none of my editors can work with the higher resolution.
>My question is: Is there somebody who kwows an editor that will work in
>overscan mode( i am using a b/w monitor)?

Using any MicroEMACS from version 3.9 up, add the following line to
your emacs.rc file:

	set $sres DENSE

	and MicroEMACS will go into 50 line mode.  If the VT52 screen
emulator works within overscan mode you can also add the lines:

	60 change-screen-size
	90 change-screen-width
	clear-and-redraw

	to use the extra space.

			Daniel Lawrence  voice: (317) 742-5153
					  arpa:	dan@midas.mgmt.purdue.edu
				The Programmer's Room
				Fido: 1:201/10 - (317) 742-5533

bediako@sybil.cs.Buffalo.EDU (Bernard Bediako) (02/24/90)

About Oversacn.....
I thought it was software AND hardware modification.
Do I only need the overscan prg. and no changes to the monitor.
Can someone post the explanantion on how to change the monitor?
thanks..

Bernard Bediako  --------=-=-=-=-=->	DOMAIN:	bediako@cs.buffalo.edu
"You CAN have your cake and eat it!"