[comp.sys.atari.st] Screen Blanker in the style of 'Stars'

SOCS18@vaxb.york.ac.UK (Vision Newspapers) (02/17/90)

I wrote a screen blanker in the style of "Stars" for the Mac, as one of the
other columnists for ST World requested it. I've never seen "Stars", so I
had to guess at the SFX, but Steve Cassidy (who did the requesting) says he gets
giddy if he watches it for too long!

I only know of one incompatibilty (with the clock display of Tempus 2), and it
should work on the STE and TT (Quite a bit of work went into this, but I've
not had chance to test it yet).

It's an accessory written in assembler, but I could attempt to post a uuencoded
version of the ARChive, if anybody is interested. (I can't access the .binaries
group...)

Mat
* c/o Dept. Computer Science	* "Baldrick, fetch me a turkey _so    *
* University of York		* big_, you'd have thought its mother *
* Heslington			* had been rodgered by an Omnibus"    *
* York				*				      *
* YO1 5DD			* JANET : SOCS18@uk.ac.york.vaxa      *

boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (02/20/90)

In article <9002170705.AA25353@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, SOCS18@vaxb.york.ac.UK (Vision Newspapers) writes:

>.....stuff deleted about a neat screen saver he wrote
>
>It's an accessory written in assembler, but I could attempt to post a uuencoded
>version of the ARChive, if anybody is interested. (I can't access the .binaries
>group...)
>
>Mat
>* c/o Dept. Computer Science	* "Baldrick, fetch me a turkey _so    *
>* University of York		* big_, you'd have thought its mother *
>* Heslington			* had been rodgered by an Omnibus"    *
>* York				*				      *
>* YO1 5DD			* JANET : SOCS18@uk.ac.york.vaxa      *

I am very interested.  Please send me a copy, I can attempt to post it to
the binaries group for you (if I can?!?).

    ---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
              Mickey Boyd            |    "Nobody can be exactly like me.
         FSU Computer Science        |      Even I have trouble doing it."
      mail:  boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu   |              - Tallulah Bankhead
    ---------------------------------+-------------------------------------

bwhite@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Bill White) (02/24/90)

	Along the same thread, does anyone have the sourcecode for starstrk?
It's nice, but the effect of the stars "slowing down" near the edge of the
screen (actually they don't; they just don't speed up) is a little weird,
and I'd like to modify it if possible.

						Bill White
						bwhite@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu

boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (02/27/90)

In article <1143@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU>, bwhite@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Bill White) writes:

>	Along the same thread, does anyone have the sourcecode for starstrk?
>It's nice, but the effect of the stars "slowing down" near the edge of the
>screen (actually they don't; they just don't speed up) is a little weird,
>and I'd like to modify it if possible.
>
>						Bill White
>						bwhite@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu

If you could make it less disruptive to other programs, we would really have
something!  This is the best looking screen saver I have seen for the ST, but
it is not tolerated by many good programs.  Someone please fix it!