[comp.sys.atari.st] "Pyro"

ehood@ics.uci.edu (Earl Wayne Jr. Hood) (02/21/90)

	I got pyro.prg and it works fine and does not seem to conflict
with any of my programs.  But the problem is that it takes 9 minutes
of wait for it to activate.  Does any body out there know if it can
be adjusted to different times or if the program is set with this time.

Thanks

Earl Hood (UCI)

hcj@lzsc.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) (02/22/90)

In article <25E2519B.5818@paris.ics.uci.edu>, ehood@ics.uci.edu (Earl Wayne Jr. Hood) writes:

> 	I got pyro.prg and it works fine and does not seem to conflict
> with any of my programs.  But the problem is that it takes 9 minutes
> of wait for it to activate.  Does any body out there know if it can
> be adjusted to different times or if the program is set with this time.

At offset 0x358 in the program (0x374 in the file) is the following line:
h358:
	cmpi  	$0x7d00,d0		/ 0c40 7d00
That is, add 2 to the above address and the 7d00 is the delay in vblanks.

0x7d00 = 32000 counts, at 60 hz, 533 sec, 8.8 minutes

Howard C. Johnson
ATT Bell Labs
=====NEW address====
att!lzsc!hcj
hcj@lzsc.att.com

forster@cs.umass.edu (02/27/90)

In article <25E2519B.5818@paris.ics.uci.edu>, ehood@ics.uci.edu (Earl Wayne Jr. Hood) writes...

>...  But the problem is that it takes 9 minutes
>of wait for it to activate....
I don't know how to shorten the time (or lengthen it), but I have another
suggestion:  make one of the screen corners be the `start right now' corner,
and another (possibly configurable) be the `don't start' corner.  Move the
mouse into one corner, and the screen-save starts right away.  Move it into
the other (and leave it there), and the screen saver won't start up until you
move it out of there.  (Not my ideas, just the way I've seen other screen-
savers work.)
- David