[comp.sys.atari.st] ST C programming

covertr@force.UUCP (Richard E. Covert) (02/27/90)

I have some one year C source that I d/led from GEnie that gives
some great examples of ST GEM/AES/VDI programming. I am contacting
the original author to get his approval to post them here on cs.atari.st.

Are there any other C ST programmers out there on the net who would like
to see more C code posted??  I am interested in such code myself.

One of samples that I got from GEnie were some functions to give you
floating menus (i.e. menus don't appear at the top of the screen, but
can be moved around the screen). There were some others to do customized
alert boxes etc. the old samples that I got from GEnie only worked in
medium rez. But I will try to get them working in hi rez.

Well, what say folks??

--
 Richard E. Covert, Lead Engineer of Software Tools Group
 AG Communications Systems, Phoenix AZ   (602) - 581-4652

parker@vlsic2.ti.com (James Parker) (02/28/90)

covertr@force.UUCP (Richard E. Covert) writes:

>Are there any other C ST programmers out there on the net who would like
>to see more C code posted??  I am interested in such code myself.
>Well, what say folks??

Include me in the group who would be interested in GEM programming examples
posted!!

james parker

mg5184@mars.njit.edu (Michael Gaines) (02/28/90)

Rich,
	Sounds like one of the files I put up there.

						Mike Gaines

| "Please don't be compelled to tell |				   |
|  me the story of the boy who cried |    mg5184@mars.njit.edu     |
|  Worf." 		   	     |				   |

wallace@ynotme.enet.dec.com (Ray Wallace) (03/01/90)

In article <48e0cbdd.14a1f@force.UUCP>, covertr@force.UUCP (Richard E. Covert)
writes...
>Are there any other C ST programmers out there on the net who would like
>to see more C code posted??  I am interested in such code myself.
I think it would be great to see more C code posted. Especialy code fragments
or small programs that show how to do some particular thing on the ST (as
appose to full blown applications/games). I wish some of the ST magazines
would do the same thing.

---
Ray Wallace
		(INTERNET,UUCP) wallace@oldtmr.enet.dec.com
		(UUCP)		...!decwrl!oldtmr.enet!wallace
		(INTERNET)	wallace%oldtmr.enet@decwrl.dec.com
---

mikew@wheeler.wrcr.unr.edu (Mike Whitbeck) (03/01/90)

In article <48e0cbdd.14a1f@force.UUCP> covertr@force.UUCP (Richard E. Covert) writes:
 || I have some one year C source that I d/led from GEnie that gives
 || some great examples of ST GEM/AES/VDI programming. I am contacting
 || the original author to get his approval to post them here on cs.atari.st.
 || Are there any other C ST programmers out there on the net who would like
 || to see more C code posted??  I am interested in such code myself.
 || One of samples that I got from GEnie were some functions to give you
 || floating menus (i.e. menus don't appear at the top of the screen, but
 || can be moved around the screen). There were some others to do customized
 || alert boxes etc. the old samples that I got from GEnie only worked in
 || medium rez. But I will try to get them working in hi rez.
 || Well, what say folks??

	SOUNDS GREAT! hacking on the ST is one of my favorite pastimes
	when the weather is bad (and the boss is out of town ;-)

	Hmmmm, about a short "magazine"-- serialize the postings and
	as they appear perhaps others might contribute additional
	'articles' or perhaps follow-up experiences. C(W)ould you
	serve as editor (glue together mailings like TeXhax digest) ?

 ~ ___________________________________________________________
 ~ |Mike Whitbeck             | mikew@wheeler.wrc.unr.edu    |
 ~ |__________________________|__RENO___NEVADA_______________|

wwm@pmsmam.uucp (Bill Meahan) (03/01/90)

In article <112600@ti-csl.csc.ti.com> parker@vlsic2.ti.com (James Parker) writes:
>covertr@force.UUCP (Richard E. Covert) writes:
>
>>Are there any other C ST programmers out there on the net who would like
>>to see more C code posted??  I am interested in such code myself.
>>Well, what say folks??

Me too!
--
Bill Meahan WA8TZG		Starter Motor Engineering
				Ford Motor Electrical & Fuel Handling Div.

R.A.W.McGuigan@newcastle.ac.uk (R.A.W. McGuigan) (03/01/90)

>covertr@force.UUCP (Richard E. Covert) writes:
>
>>Are there any other C ST programmers out there on the net who would like
>>to see more C code posted??  I am interested in such code myself.
>>Well, what say folks??

Mmm....definitely. Its hard finding good C source code for such GEM
applications. I don't know about its distribution in the US but the UK "ST
World" magazine has a "Programmer's Clinic" section each month, usually with a
fair amount of C in it. It might be worth looking at that.

How would this C source be made available? A new group? FTP? ??
No matter to me - I'd be interested in whatever form it takes.

Andy

Andy McGuigan,  Microelectronics and Software Engineering
                University of Newcastle upon Tyne
JANET:          R.A.W.McGuigan@uk.ac.newcastle

agostino@sherlock.cs.concordia.ca (DELIGIA agostino) (03/02/90)

In article <112600@ti-csl.csc.ti.com> parker@vlsic2.ti.com (James Parker) writes:
>covertr@force.UUCP (Richard E. Covert) writes:
>
>>Are there any other C ST programmers out there on the net who would like
>>to see more C code posted??  I am interested in such code myself.
>>Well, what say folks??
>
>Include me in the group who would be interested in GEM programming examples
>posted!!
>
>james parker

I'd also like to see some GEM C programming examples. Especially those on
floating menus: I'm writing a terminal emulation prg/acc and want to use the
whole screen as the terminal screen and have a floating menu pop up when I
click the right mouse button.  (The left mouse button is reserved for the
dialer  :-)  ).

Agostino Deligia

agostino@sunkisd.cs.concordia.ca
agostino@concour.cs.concordia.ca

I'd be more interested in folks who've developed code using Dave
Beckemeyer's Micro-RTX kernel. I've started playing with this a
little, but haven't yet wrote anything major. (But I've got 3 big
projects heating up fast now... GNU BASH, KA9Q/NOS, and Bellcore MGR.)
[How to clone a workstation, eh?  }-)  ]
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan