[comp.sys.atari.st] Q:Magic Shadow Archiver A:space ace Q:BattleTech

WSCART01@ULKYVX.BITNET (03/02/90)

Has anyone ever heard of Magic Shadow Achiver? It is a program
copyrighted in 1987 that takes a disk and converts it into a file
format so that it can be transmitted over the phone. I need to get
the PD release text that placed it in the public domain. (At least
I hope it is in the public domain since I have it and didn't pay
for it. ;-) With this release we can get some nice demo programs
uploaded to the binaries.atari.st archives. RSVP Mail!

On another line of thought:

I remember someone asking about Space Ace and if it was out yet.
Nope, I checked with my dealer (Computer Gardens, i highly recomend
them!) and he said it was not going to be out in the near future.
He said maybe in a month! (GADS!) I did happen to come across a
18 second demo of Space Ace and have made it advalible (Mail me a
request within the next week or two and i'll mail it to you) but it is
about 400k and my De-archiver takes a 1 meg machine to de-STU it.
I must say it is NEAT!

A request:
Does anyone have infomation on 'BattleTech'. How does it relate to the
board game? Do you recomend it?

Stuart Carter             |   Remember when 'Hacker' was a term which
University Of Louisville  |   use to have a repectable glow to it?
Physics Dept.             |                     -Thought to ponder

johns@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Conan the Barbarian) (03/02/90)

In article <9003020451.AA12476@jade.berkeley.edu> WSCART01@ULKYVX.BITNET writes:
>[...]
>I remember someone asking about Space Ace and if it was out yet.

	I was at my favourite ST dealer here in Hamilton and they have
	about 15 copies of Space Ace.  It sells for about $57CDN.

	I haven't bought it yet, if you're wondering.  There is also
	Space Harrier II, and I didn't even know that existed.  Great
	game!

--
John Schmitt
johns@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca

boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (03/03/90)

In article <9003020451.AA12476@jade.berkeley.edu>, WSCART01@ULKYVX.BITNET writes:

>Has anyone ever heard of Magic Shadow Achiver? It is a program
>copyrighted in 1987 that takes a disk and converts it into a file
>format so that it can be transmitted over the phone. I need to get
>the PD release text that placed it in the public domain. (At least
>I hope it is in the public domain since I have it and didn't pay
>for it. ;-) With this release we can get some nice demo programs
>uploaded to the binaries.atari.st archives. RSVP Mail!

The latest version of this program is 1.3, which I have.  I believe it is
shareware (I have not yet really looked at it).  I can check when I get home.
It would be nice for comp.binaries.atari.st, as it saves formatting info about
the disk it is crunching.  Fairly good compacting algorithm too (from what I
hear).

>A request:
>Does anyone have infomation on 'BattleTech'. How does it relate to the
>board game? Do you recomend it?

I have no experience with the board game, but I can say that Battletech is
a very good game.  I recomend it.

>Stuart Carter             |   Remember when 'Hacker' was a term which
>University Of Louisville  |   use to have a repectable glow to it?
>Physics Dept.             |                     -Thought to ponder

              Mickey Boyd            |    "Nobody can be exactly like me.
         FSU Computer Science        |      Even I have trouble doing it."
      mail:  boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu   |              - Tallulah Bankhead