[comp.sys.atari.st] ICD booter version 4.XX question.. HELP NEEDED!!!!!

wngai@paris.ics.uci.edu (Wayne Ngai) (03/02/90)

I have got my new ICDBOOT.PRG (ICDBOOT.SYS), it claim that will improve
read and write speed.  Well, it's either I am setting it right, or it's
not working properly.  Without it, I get a better performence.  Can anyone
tell me how to set it up properly??

I have a Mega 2 w/ a 85 meg HD, about 10 meg each partition.  The Hd I have is
Seagate 296n.  Currently this is what I have set up.

DOS FAT		15
DOS DATA..	15
BLOCK IN CACHE	15
SECTGOR in CACHE BLOCK	8

what would be best setup to speed up the write speed??  (have write verify off)

wnyne

matthews@umd5.umd.edu (Mike Matthews) (03/03/90)

In article <25EE28B9.12434@paris.ics.uci.edu> wngai@paris.ics.uci.edu (Wayne Ngai) writes:
[stuff deleted]
>I have a Mega 2 w/ a 85 meg HD, about 10 meg each partition.  The Hd I have is
>Seagate 296n.  Currently this is what I have set up.
>
>DOS FAT		15
>DOS DATA..	15
>BLOCK IN CACHE	15
>SECTGOR in CACHE BLOCK	8
>
>what would be best setup to speed up the write speed??  (have write verify off)
>
>wnyne

Cache sizes that small won't do anything.  Expect to give up at least 200K for
an 80 meg hard drive.  I'm unfamiliar with how the numbering works using ICD's
latest and greatest, so you'll have to interpret 200K to whatever those cat-
egories mean (they seem redundant to me).

Also, your Newsgroups: line is set to your Email address; please try 'n fix
that, as it can make replying a pain.

Mike