[comp.sys.atari.st] GDOS question

foster@cbnewse.ATT.COM (r.w.foster) (03/05/90)

I need a question about GDOS answered. I have a program that I
wrote some time ago which copies a graphic image into a window as
part of it's operation. This has worked out just fine for a long time
but since I have added GDOS to my system, the blit call doesn't cause
anything to happen. If I take out GDOS(or G+PLUS), everything works
fine again.

The call in question is a
vro_cpyfm(handle,3,xyarray,&sourcemfdb,&destmfdb);

Is there some sort of initialization that needs to be done with
GDOS-G+PLUS in addition to the appl_init(), v_opnwrk(..),vs_clip(..)
stuff?  The program doesn't use GDOS but something about GDOS being
loaded is messing things up. Any GDOS tips appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob Foster

gl8f@astsun8.astro.Virginia.EDU (Greg Lindahl) (03/06/90)

In article <13366@cbnewse.ATT.COM> foster@cbnewse.ATT.COM (r.w.foster) writes:

>I need a question about GDOS answered. I have a program that I
>wrote some time ago which copies a graphic image into a window as
>part of it's operation. This has worked out just fine for a long time
>but since I have added GDOS to my system, the blit call doesn't cause
>anything to happen. If I take out GDOS(or G+PLUS), everything works
>fine again.
>
>The call in question is a
>vro_cpyfm(handle,3,xyarray,&sourcemfdb,&destmfdb);

Are you sure that you are using the right handle? You get a physical
handle from calling gr_handle, and the you pass that handle into
v_opnvwk to get the virtual handle, and you use that virtual handle
for further VDI operations. I believe I saw a posting once which said
that the physical and virtual handles are the same without GDOS and
different with GDOS, but I can't seem to find my copy. In any case, a
a little experimentation ought to get your answer.

Good luck!

Greg Lindahl
gl8f@virginia.edu                                  Astrophysicists for Choice.