[comp.sys.atari.st] Quick ST 2.0

rome@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (03/07/90)

I read the press release on the new Quick ST 2.0 and it mentioned something
about a demo.  I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get this on the
net or if anyone could send it to me.  I would like to see how this beast
works.  Thank you.

       Roman Baker
       rome@ucscb.UCSC.EDU

scott@cs.odu.edu (Scott Yelich) (03/07/90)

> I read the press release on the new Quick ST 2.0 and it mentioned something
> about a demo.  I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get this on the
> net or if anyone could send it to me.  I would like to see how this beast
> works.  Thank you.

Speaking of Quick ST.... has anyone had any experience with Gemini?  It looks
pretty decent... but when I try to couple Gemini's console window with
gulam and I have quick BIOS text set from Quick ST, I get some trash on the
screen.

And now for a random thoughts:
1) Information on that disk to disk copy scheme as well as the space ace
   demo are available through ftp from xanth.cs.odu.edu.
2) Could someone kindly tell me the latest versions of the following programs?
   unix windows, quick st, picswitch, ka9q (slip), uniterm, minix (st)
3) Does anyone have problems with Publishign Partner crashing a lot?
   And, is it correct that I read that the font creator would allow you
   create fonts that would only work on a non-Postscript printer?
I know I haven't given my setup, but things change so quickly, who
knows what it will be by the time you read this.

randyh@hpsad.HP.COM (Randy Hosler) (03/08/90)

/ hpsad:comp.sys.atari.st / scott@cs.odu.edu (Scott Yelich) / 10:58 pm  Mar  6, 1990 /

> And now for a random thoughts:
> 1) Information on that disk to disk copy scheme as well as the space ace
>    demo are available through ftp from xanth.cs.odu.edu.

I just tried ftp'ing space_ace and I couldn't "get" it.  Seems that
read permission is not set for 'the world' (not the owner or group).

Could someone at xanth.cs.odu.edu fix this please.

Randy

   |\   | |     _ |                        Randy Hosler
   |/   |-| /\ <  | [] /\                  randyh@hpsadpk
   |\ . | | \/ _> | \_ |                   (707) 974-3677

austin@cs.odu.edu (Jason C Austin) (03/08/90)

In article <750052@hpsad.HP.COM> randyh@hpsad.HP.COM (Randy Hosler) writes:
>I just tried ftp'ing space_ace and I couldn't "get" it.  Seems that
>read permission is not set for 'the world' (not the owner or group).

	This has been fixed.

			-Jason