[comp.sys.atari.st] Pyro

bluneski@pogo.WV.TEK.COM (Bob Luneski) (02/22/90)

in <25E2519B.5818@paris.ics.uci.edu> Earl Hood writes:

>	I got pyro.prg and it works fine and does not seem to conflict
>with any of my programs.  But the problem is that it takes 9 minutes
>of wait for it to activate.  Does any body out there know if it can
>be adjusted to different times or if the program is set with this time.

There is an ehanced version of PYRO on genie that allows you to
configure the timeout delay. I now prefer PRYO.PRG to STARSTRK.ACC
because 1) it doesn't seen to interfere with anything the way STARSTRK
does 2) it's an autofolder prg not an acc 3) it's configurable and
4) it's better aesthetically.

If there is sufficient interest I can post the configurable version
of PYRO to the binaries.

  Bob Luneski
  Diamond Back Support Hotline:  bluneski@pogo.WV.TEK.COM
                                 Genie: B.LUNESKI1

  The opinions expressed herein are my own and in no way reflect the
  opinions of Tektronix, Inc.

boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (02/22/90)

In article <8589@pogo.WV.TEK.COM>, bluneski@pogo.WV.TEK.COM (Bob Luneski) writes:

>If there is sufficient interest I can post the configurable version
>of PYRO to the binaries.

>  Bob Luneski
>  Diamond Back Support Hotline:  bluneski@pogo.WV.TEK.COM
>                                 Genie: B.LUNESKI1

I am interested.  I am sure others are too.

    ---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
              Mickey Boyd            |    "Nobody can be exactly like me.
         FSU Computer Science        |      Even I have trouble doing it."
      mail:  boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu   |              - Tallulah Bankhead
    ---------------------------------+-------------------------------------

charlop@milton.acs.washington.edu (Aaron Charlop) (03/09/90)

I seem to be having a small problem with the Pyro screensaver in Uniterm 2.0e.
The problem shows up during file transfers. Whenever Pyro clicks on during a
file transfer in Uniterm 2.0e the first several lines of the transfer log
dialog box get screwed up. THIS BUG DOES NOT AFFECT THE TRANSFER. It just
screws up the screen. I have not seen this problem in any other situation.
It maybe just a problem between it and Uniterm, or it maybe a more serious
problem between it and the system. The problem is in both the original post
of Pyro and in the more recent configurable version posted. My setup is a
1040STf, TOS 1.4, Rainbow TOS patch, Poolfix3, Cache090, G+Plus, Start
selector, SC1224 color monitor, Neodesk 2.05, Multidesk.acc, NeoQueue.acc.
I just thought that I would mention it to everyone. It would be nice to see
this fixed eventually as it will allow me to monitor my file transfers.

Thanx

Aaron the Alchemist
Charlop@npl.npl.washington.edu
Charlop@uwchem.chem.washington.edu