[comp.sys.atari.st] Spectre GCR Help

gibson@trwrb.UUCP (Greg Gibson) (03/10/90)

Help.  I just bought the GCR and I can not get it to read Mac Disk.
I connected the cable that comes with the GCR to the GCR and the back
of my Mega.  However, the connection is lose.  I as using a Mac Plus Formated
disk with the System Folder on it.  After Spectre.prg ask for the system disk,
I inserted this disk into drive A.  The GCR can not read the disk.  It reponses
with a disk eject request.

Please help
Gregory gibson (213)812-4386

boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (03/13/90)

In article <305@trwrb.UUCP>, gibson@trwrb.UUCP (Greg Gibson) writes:
>Help.  I just bought the GCR and I can not get it to read Mac Disk.
>I connected the cable that comes with the GCR to the GCR and the back
>of my Mega.  However, the connection is lose.  I as using a Mac Plus Formated
>disk with the System Folder on it.  After Spectre.prg ask for the system disk,
>I inserted this disk into drive A.  The GCR can not read the disk.  It reponses
>with a disk eject request.
>
>Please help
>Gregory gibson (213)812-4386

This might be the shielding problem that I have been hearing about.  I believe
there is a file on Genie about it, but basically you may have to shield your
drive and drive cable with tin foil and wire (wheeee!  High tech) to get the
GCR to work right.  If I ever get one, I will get a real technician to install
it!

              Mickey Boyd            |    "Nobody can be exactly like me.
         FSU Computer Science        |      Even I have trouble doing it."
      mail:  boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu   |              - Tallulah Bankhead